Chapter 7: Loomed

verb. to be about to happen

I woke up feeling a little buzzed

I woke up feeling a little buzzed. I don't usually drink alcohol so my tolerance isn't that quite good. Though I enjoyed hanging out with Jimin and Jiah last night.

I took my time getting out of bed. I could hear murmurs of conversation outside the room. The two must have woken up already. 

I wore my glasses and started walking toward the door, ruffling my hair. The voices became louder as I approached the living area. 

"You're going?" I asked when I saw Jimin and Jiah by the door, already on their way out. They stopped in their tracks when they saw me.

I rubbed my eyes and walked near them. Why are they so early?

"Good morning, Tae!" I smiled brightly at Jiah's greeting. Her smile just radiates warmth and could lighten up the room she was in. The good vibes were all I needed today.

"I'll just drive her to work. Eat breakfast first before heading out." Jimin told me hurriedly. I noticed his hand on Jiah's back. Must be nice, huh, Jiminshi? 

"Nah, I'll just get ready. I'm going to the hospital to eat with Yeojin." I said, smirking. You're not the only one Jimin.

"Yeojin?" I heard Jiah ask but Jimin was already pushing her out of the door. I shook my head as I watched them clamber.

"Come on, Jiah. You're gonna be late." Jimin reminded her and continued to push her out. I could tell Jiah wanted some answers but Jimin was in a hurry.

"Bye, Jiah!" I shouted after them before Jimin closed the door.

I sighed when I was left alone inside the apartment. How nice would it feel to start the day with someone you love? 

Oh right...I will today.

I excitedly went to the bathroom and got ready.

Honestly, I don't know what to expect today. I'm very much aware that Yeojin doesn't like to see me but I guess I just have to suck it up and go about my mission. I cannot give up just like that. 

She will be a tough nut to crack but if I am persistent enough, I know I will be able to make her sway. Just like back in Geoje. I have a lot of layers to peel but I believe I already did the initials.

It didn't take long for me to get ready and I was out of the building in no time. While driving, I was already thinking about what breakfast I should bring for Yeojin. Coffee, definitely. I hope she liked the sandwich I gave her. When we were in Geoje, she mostly ate pastries in the morning. Shouldn't she eat heavily when she's sleep-deprived like this? 

I don't know anything about what a doctor's schedule looks like, or their routine, so I'm kind of lost here. How can I take care of her properly?

I couldn't even ask her because I don't have her number. Is she expecting me? Or did she already forget about this?