chapter zero.one

2 weeks. pov of cian (my bby, my aroace bby)
note: some modern stuff like phones and all of that exist here, like they're being made but obviously there's still all the old stuff.

My name is Cian. And I'm dead, okay that's a bit odd to start off. If you actually read the last book, you'd understand. When the 20s began I moved to a city state, named Lucella. Why they called it that? I have no clue.. i moved here with my little sister, Caoimhe. Now, there's two things you have to know. One, me and Caoimhe are Irish and of 2 years ago we got independence. And two, all the people that live here other than me and Caoimhe are Anthropomorphic Animals.

I never really bothered with the fact of why the humans had disappeared. But obviously there are rumours, like they all got wiped out from plagues or skirmishes. Whatever I knew, I didn't. And a lot of the time visitors of families didn't understand what I was saying, it must just be my accent.

Despite all of this, I still found some sort of friend group other than grocery gang, though nothing is close, and I found myself in their friendship. Obviously they are all animals but I don't judge, I am friends with someone from the future, and I've seen my friends get significant others which isn't weird.. okay maybe it is. I can't imagine animals giving birth in a human way- okay thought done!

I was currently sitting on my couch, smoking my daily dose of weed when the phone began buzzing. I sighed and picked up the phone, "Come to my house! I have something to tell you." Penny's excited voice came over the phone. Before I could say anything she hung up. I rolled my eyes as she never lets me speak when she says a quick message.

Penny was an anthropomorphic pig who wore a red dress with white little bits at her sleeves, a white collar, white stockings and leather Mary Jane shoes. Her hair was bobbed with clips of vibrant pinks and reds contrasting within her hair. I've known her since I got here. She probably sent the same message to all of our friends which means she was actually serious about this all. I quickly got off my feet and threw a jacket on, then I ran from my house to Penny's house. Asthma runs in my family, for some reason so I was wheezing by the time I got there. I made an effort to push myself closer to her house. "P-ENNY!" I wheezed.

"Kiwi!" She replied to me. Then noticed my wheezing. "Oh." She realised. Sheepy and Bunny was already there. Bunny was an anthropomorphic bunny who wore the same style of dress to Penny but in blue. She had a white collar and a cute little red bow to match it up. Her pantyhose that she wore was a beautiful shade of white, it was a beautiful contrast with her Mary Jane styled Biltwel shoes tha she always wore with two buckles. Her hair was way longer than Penny's and it was braided into two plaits (or pigtails I suppose it your American), with two hair clips which was blue and white, definitely her favourite color.

"Yikes. How fast did you run?" Sheepy asked me. "Faster than you'd think." I wheezed as I slumped myself on the couch as we waited. Sheepy was an anthropomorphic sheep, I suppose the name gave that away though. Just like Penny and Bunny, she wore the same styled dress though hers was more fancy and lavender. There was a few white buttons around the dress along with a white collar which fit with her whole aesthetic. Her hair was elegant, braided perfectly into two with bows instead of the scruffy hair ties Bunny had, there was two beautiful hair clips in along with a lavender bow in her hair. The two little bows were lavender as well.

You might be wondering, Kiwi. Where did that come from? My name, Cian is pronounced Keun. The first two letters make the Ki sound, when I first met Penny she called me Ci-Wi. Which is like saying Ci Oui. She then put those together and came up with Kiwi. Obviously many call me by my full name, but she enjoys nicknaming me Kiwi. "I came here as fast as I could. What's happened?" I asked as I had flipped over so I was lying on my back. "Oh, everything's fine. We just have to wait for everyone to come before we tell you something very important!" Penny told me.