Stupidity.

Can a broken wire be fixed?

Beginning...

Chapter 1

Pierre's view.

"Ouch!"
I hovered my hand over my mouth and I groaned in pain. This is what happens when you don't listen to the dentist and eat whatever You want. How careless of me, I had broken my wire ( for my braces ).
"Hey ! Are you okay?" Asked my best friend, Onyx. He got out of his seat and rushed towards me. His soft, long hands journeyed towards my rough, red face. I grumbled in anger. How was my best friend this awesome ? I slapped his hand off me and grinned. I pinched my nose. I forgot about my braces. I looked up. Onyx looked at me confused and then asked,
"Hey, what happened?"
Him being serious was not like him . I couldn't help but laugh at his sweaty and vexed face. Guess I looked funny too 'cause both of us started chuckling and laughing like maniacs. We had attracted a lot of people who stared, looked at their friends and started back again.

Then she  came up to us. You may be asking who she  even is! Emily. The most popular girl in the school. Me and Onyx hated her. Well, that's why everyone hated us! Each and every person in this hall had  to like Emily. She was beautiful, confident and 'kind'.
"You guys look like hobos. Onyx, I thought you were cooler! You're on the floor laughing and you both look crazy!  Hah. I got EVERYTHING on camera. Now everyone will be laughing~" she whispered to us. Emily didn't want to ruin her reputation and tell everyone how she really is.
"Hoho. You're saying we look crazy, your makeup's melting! Who would wear this much makeup on a hot day? Only a crazy person would, which would be you!" Onyx replied with the most certainty ever.

Quickly, Emily pulled out her mirror and grumbled in anger. Quickly, she rushed to , what I think, the bathroom. Onyx got up and dusted his pants.
"C'mon, looking at her made me lose my appetite." My best friend mumbled as he reached out for my hand. We left the lunch hall and left everyone there, too stunned to speak.

Onyx's view

I tried warning my friend, Pierre, about what he was eating. Of course, he hadn't listened to me. Now, his wire was broken. Sometimes, he was too  sure about certain things, and they always ended up like this.

He looked like he was in pain. But I don't know because I had never worn braces. I sighed. Sometimes I think I'm just babysitting him. Nevertheless, Pierre is a great friend to me, and also my first! So I can't say anything to him.
I rushed towards the boy as he grumbled in pain.
"Hey! Are you ok?" I asked him. His face was rough and very red. I wonder what had happened to make his skin like this. While I was wondering, he slapped me out of the blue. Now I was just confused. I looked at his angry face and I figured he was holding back his laughter. He turned even more red.
We both bursted out in laughter and tears formed, which then started strolling down my wrinkled face. I had forgotten about everything when a certain girl called Emily came up to us. Emily was very  popular but me and Pierre always had hated her. You see, before we became best friends, Emily used to bully Pierre. I had noticed that whenever he sees her, he freezes and I always have to take the lead to chase her off.

Then she started chatting about how we look like hobos and how we were crazy. I looked up at her.
"Hoho, you're saying we look crazy, your makeup's melting! Who would wear makeup on a hot day? Only a crazy person would, which would be you!"
She might've taken that to heart 'cause as soon as I had finished my sentence, she pulled out her mirror and rushed to the bathroom. Again, Pierre had frozen. Now I wondered what how badly Emily had bullied the poor Pierre.
To get his thoughts of the wretched girl, I decided to bring him out of the lunch hall and away from all the crowds. I grabbed his arm and dragged the pale, paralysed boy out of the room.

Pierre's view

To be honest, I was glad that Onyx had taken me out of there, I was getting quite scared. Emily had made a mark on my heart, and not a mark to be proud of. I am happy to have a friend like him, 'cause he can understand my problems and always find a way to make things better. For example, when Emily had come up to us in the lunch hall. Onyx had replied and made her go away without even hesitating! I wish I could be as cool and confident as him one day. I hope that day will come soon too!
Now, back to the story.

We journeyed through the maze of people and ventured to our 'secret place'. No one knew about it; not even the teachers!
I fell onto the nearest log and sighed deeply, Emily was still in my mind, fresher than lemonade. Then there was a shadow over me.
"Don't sulk over such a small thing" a stifled laughter said in front of me.
"Hey! Don't laugh! It ain't funny..." I tried to hold back my tears but they really wanted to embarrass me.

I saw a shaky pair of hands through my blurry face, trying to find the right words to say.
"Please don't cry- I-I'm sorry!" Whispered a worried boy - my best friend.
Slight tears increased into waterfalls of sadness and anger. Why couldn't I be strong enough to help Onyx? Why couldn't I be brave enough to go against Emily? He could do it, why can't I? I buried my head into his shoulder, nudging his neck and bringing my leg over his.

Now I was practically crying out for help.
"Please Pierre, don't cry... I'm sorry for laughing! I'm sorry!" Onyx pleaded as he crouched down in front of me. He grabbed my hand and refused to let go. Now I could see he was going to cry too. Oh why am I so weak ?
Then there was a gentle smile. His comfortable hands rushed through my messy, wet hair as he used his other hand to guide my other leg up.

"You're my best friend. Please don't make me feel guilty. I mean- I am  guilty but don't rub it in my face. Pleaseeee~?" He tried to make that cute puppy face but that doesn't work when you have a scary face. Atleast it was funny, though 'cause that face made me smile.
"Stop doing that!" My voice grew as I shoved my tears-filled hand in his face. And, before we knew it, we were both on the cracked floor laughing and pushing each other over. I loved my best friend, see? He found a way to make me smile.

Onyx's view

I grabbed Pierre's hand and pulled him across the fields of students. I guess he knew where we were heading because he pulled his hand out of my grasp and rushed ahead of me. He was sulking over Emily. His face was funny. I decided to try  and make him feel a bit better. I walked towards the log he was sitting on and tried to hide my laughter saying ,
"Hey, stop sulking over a small thing."
He replied with,
"Hey! Don't laugh..."
Guess he found out I was hiding my laughter because he started to cry!
Ugh!

Why do I laugh at such serious times? I tried thinking of some ways to make him feel better but I just couldn't think of anything.
"Please don't cry I-I'm sorry!"

I shuffled towards him and crouched down. When Pierre is sad, he usually get very clingy. I was correct. The boy shoved his teary face into my shoulder-blade and brought his right thigh over mine. I love when he does this. I pushed my hand against his hair as I urged his other thigh to copy.

Guess I will have to go for the guilt-trap. This way never worked but it was worth a try! I hate seeing Pierre cry.
I know this probably won't work 'cause most of the time this doesn't seem to make him feel any better ; so I will have to add something on at the end. Something I won't usually do... Aha! I got it!
I pleaded, "You're my best friend. Please don't make me feel guilty. I am  guilty but please don't rub it in my face. Pleaseeee~?" I tried looking cute but I guess it was like a lion trying to be a cat, because Pierre found it funny. At least it worked!

I tried imagining how I looked but Pierre's hand was shoved into my face. He had muttered something but I only heard the end part. He pushed me over and we were then both laughing and getting messy on the muddy floor. It was refreshing seeing Pierre smile, it filled my heart with warmth and joy. What a wonderful friend I have!

Soo... this is my first story!
What are your opinions on this Emily girl? 🤭
Cya!!