XVI: I Miss You

long·ful :

"You are a horse running alone and he tries to tame you,
Compares you to an impossible highway,
To a burning house,
Says you are blinding him that he could never leave you,
forget you,
want anything but you,
You dizzy him.
You are unbearable every woman before or after you is doused in your name,
You fill his mouth his teeth ache with the memory of taste,
His body just a long shadow seeking yours but you are always too intense frightening in the way that you want him, Unashamed and sacrificial;
He tells you that no man can live up to the one who lives in your head..."

_ _ _

"Tay!" Symphani shouted breaking Tayla out of her trance she was pulling her attention from the window in her office to her friend.

"What?"

"Girl, you been zoning out all day. You good?" She asked and she sighed nodding her head putting her attention back on her laptop which displayed the email she read a million times over in the past half hour.

She didn't know whether to call her lawyer or just handle this alone.

And it was looking like the latter.

"Fine," She answered back in a blunt tone scanning the email one more time.

"You don't seem-"

"I said I'm cool. Can you just make sure everything runs smoothly for the next two or so hours? I got something to take care of real quick." She spoke packing up her phone, laptop, and paperwork leaving her best friend speechless but also having no choice but to say yes considering she was the boss as Tayla made her way out the building quickly.

She climbed into her Range Rover and started the car immediately making her way to the main destination in her mind getting there in under fifteen minutes and during the time that was requested for her presence.

She parked her car and got out with her stuff, her heels clicking against the sidewalk and the inside of the building as she entered the record label going straight to the elevator. It dinged and her finger pressed the button she remembered taking her to the top. It didn't take too long before she made it, allowing her shoes to click on the marble floors again.

Everybody that worked there on that floor looked at her wondering what she was doing there. She didn't have an employee badge or a visitors badge but they all knew better than to stop her.

Her feet pulled her all the way to the office at the end and she entered seeing the person she was looking for leaning against the desk with his phone in his hand sending a text to his mom about taking her out to dinner tonight along with his daughter he shared with the woman that just entered the room.

He looked up at her and his eyes lit up like a Christmas tree happy to see her while the rest of his kept it's composure. They haven't seen each other in three weeks since her birthday.

Tayla was good at avoiding.

"$35 million? What the fuck?" She asked him almost shouting but luckily for them the office they were in had soundproof walls and windows that was frosted allowing nobody to see in or out of for privacy along with a drastic view of West Los Angeles from the window.