2

It took maybe an hour for them to arrive at an airport, car coming to a slow stop at the deserted entranceway. When the drive got out of the car quickly, the boys readied themselves to get out as well before being startled into stopping by hand shooting up from where it rested on the arm rest in front of them. "Wait. He'll come around in a moment." Chuuya and Dazai gave each other twin looks of confusion before falling back into their seats, staring at the door facing the airport entrance.

To their surprise, less than five seconds later the driver opens the old man's door and then theirs, Boeing his head slightly, hand to his chest and palm up. They both looked at him for a moment before quickly scurrying out of the car. Chuuya began to ramble a little, bowing in return to the man, quiet voice hushed as he told the man there was no reason to bow. He grabbed Dazais shirt front and yanked him down as well. Reginald looked on in mild bemusement, very unaccustomed to Japanese mannerisms before he cleared his throat, startling the boys yet again to to stand at attention facing him.

"Boys, retrieve your bags. The plane leaves in less than an hour."

They both nodded, quickly pivoting to pull their little bags from the trunk of the car. They had been apprehensive at first, not very much wanting to separate from their meager new belongings.

True to his word, twenty minutes later Dazai and Chuuya were boarding a small plane behind Reginald, small bags clutched to their chests as the stared wide eyed at the seats, giving the flight attendant little looks here and there as they passed. They'd never been on a plane before.

They sat in the front of the plane, a wall separating them from the rest of the plane to which most of the few passengers that boarded alongside them passed into. When Dazai glanced back he was a little surprised to see the two rows of three, uncomfortable looking seats all packed together so close the passengers would touch shoulders if they moved too much. He turned quickly to whisper to Chuuya who sat on his left, much to his dismay. "Chuuya! The rest of the plane look so different!" He whispered harshly.

Chuuya recoiled a bit, giving him a halfhearted glare. "No shit! This is first class stupid!" He hissed back.

Dazai just look at him with wide, innocent looking doe eyes that certainly didn't match the boy of whom Chuuya was so familiar with. The curious, childlike innocence definitely suited Dazai... but it was unnerving nonetheless.

The flight was long, but comfortable. Chuuya watched out the window for most of it, entrapped with the little specks of cities and the ocean they passed over. Dazai spent a lot of the time rambling and whining, pressing as many buttons as he could see and very quickly aggravating the flight attendant whom got called over multiple times an hour for false button presses before she just placed a sticker over it and told him to ask Chuuya to press his button for her lest he need anything. Dazai pouted for a few minutes before he resumed his trifling, fingering through the little booklets in the pocket of the seat in front of them. Once he got bored with that he fell sideways into Chuuya, plcheek pressed into his back —Chuuya was turned to face the window with his back basically to Dazai— and whined for a few minutes, huffing indignantly when Chuuya refused to respond. Finally, finally, when the cabin went quiet, a quick glance behind his shoulder confirmed Dazai asleep, cheek still pressed into Chuuyas back as his pale hands curled up and clutched his coat hems loosely, making little crab fists.

About an hour later they landed, the loud shuddering of the plane and the loudspeaker coming in over head with the female flight attendants voice as she spoke to them about putting their seatbelts back on and her welcome to London as they proceeded to land roused a rather muddled Dazai, blinking owlishly as he squinted at the now brightness from the sun that had risen while he slept.

Reginald said nothing to them as he grabbed his bag, a small carry on briefcase he kept in the seat beside him and stood up. He waited but a moment for the boys to begin collecting themselves before he walked down the aisle, nodding to the flight attendant as he passed and exited the plane. Chuuya said something quickly in French before he shoved Dazai until he was up and in the skinny aisle, squawking when he fell against a male passenger who grunted as Dazais 93 pound ass fell against him. How dramatic. But chuuya followed quickly, both their bags in hand as he pushed Dazai up and down the aisle, giving the flight attendant a small bow as they passed by in a blur, trying to follow after Reginald.

It took them a minute, but they finally spotted the man standing beside a woman and a group of five children, all wearing what seemed to be a school uniform. They were all watching the two quietly, feet shuffling a little when they realized they caught sight of them. Neither hesitate as they walk over, faces carefully molded into their crafted backgrounds of 'scared kids just sold off" or some shit.

When they approach, Reginald nods and the first kid steps up, a blonde boy who's surprisingly tall.

He held out his hand, "I'm number 1."

Chuuya, despite himself, let's put a choked snicker, giving the boy a look. Dazai says nothing.

"What's so funny?" The boy, Number 1, seems a little take aback. I wouldn't say mad... but not happy either.

Chuuya lifts his hands up a little in an apologetic manner. "Sorry.. I just- Number 1? What kind of name is that?" He said.

Number 1 looked a little bewildered, his head tilting to the side slightly like a confused puppy. Dazai continued to stare.

Reginald gave it another moment before he spoke up, "children, these two boys are your new siblings. They are from Yokohama Japan." He said, gloved hands slipping into the pockets of his black wool trench coat.

"Japan?" One of the children still in the huddle whispered, though it wasn't very quiet.

"Chibi, they don't know Japanese." Dazai supplied, looking back at Chuuya who had turned to him with a slightly baffled expression. "Oh." He said smartly.

"Uhm, sorry I- wait a minute, did you just— don't call me chibi!" Chuuya began, in English this time before he paused and whirled back on Dazai with a disgruntled yell, fisted hand coming up to give him a knock to the head. Dazai whined, sticking his tongue out at Chuuya as he brought his hands up to claps at the spot he was hit. "So mean! Bad dog, bad dog!" Dazai chanted, paying little mind to the bewildered expressions of the people behind them. "I'm not your damn dog!" Chuuya yelled again, but stopped mid strike when he heard a rather loud clearing of someone's throat. 'Shit.'

Both he and Dazai turned, looking back at the group of Americans a bit sheepishly as they stared at the two. "Uhm..." one of the shortest boys mumbled.

"Right... uh- I'm Chuuya Nakahara.." he hummed, voice a bit quieter and unsure as he was stared down. He poked Dazai in the ribs when he didn't start speaking.

"Eh— I'm Dazai Osamu." He made a noise when he was jabbed, but did as told anyways.

The kids looked at each other, then to Reginald. He looked back, raising his brow expectantly. When he received nothing but deer in headlights looks, he just sighed and shook his head before turning around and beginning to walk. "This way, children. I suppose you can finish your introductions at the house."
They all scurried after him quickly, the eerie woman falling in step behind them.