Chapter 1

"Lexi, we're here" her uncle shook her. She opened her eyes and groaned as the sunlight hit her eyes. "Derry?" She asked. He nodded and got out of the driver seat and shut the door. She groaned and stepped out of the passenger seat and shut the door. She stood by the truck and looked around and groaned. "Uncle Fred, why can't I just stay with you?" Lexi asked. He took her bags out of the back and sat them on the ground as he grabbed her last two bags. "You know me and Emily love you Lexi but hun you're a hand full" He answered with a chuckle. She laughed and held her hands up in sarcastic surrender "I have no idea what you're talking about" she joked. "Oh yea, so you don't remember the fights you got into, may I remind you, you broke a kids nose, chin and jaw" he chuckled at the end. "Shouldn't have bullied Lizzy" she answered. "I know, as much as I'm grateful for you protecting my daughter, you till broke the kids jaw and got expelled from every school in California, so here we are" He closed the back and picked up her bags and led her inside. "Mom?!" He called out. A very beautiful elderly woman walked around the corner. "If isn't my beautiful grand baby and son" she stated as she hugged the both. Lexi took her bags from her uncle and walked upstairs and went to her old room where she used to stay as a kid when she came over summer break. She sat her bags on the bed and looked around. "Hello, old room I'm backkkk" She sighed and looked around noticing everything is still the same as her 9 year old self left it. "And you need a make over" She walked back downstairs into the kitchen. She took an apple out of the fruit bowl. She sat down on the chair beside her uncle, who is having a conversation with her grandma (the grandmother's name I s Lil so when I say Lil that's who um talking about)

She crossed her legs, leaned on her elbow and bit into the apple. "Don't get into any fights here" He stated. "Can't make any promises" she commented with a smirk. "How good?" Grandma Lil asked. Uncle Fred looked at Lexi and back at his mother again "what do you mean?" He asked.

"Well around here we have a group of bullies called the Bowers gang and they are highly ruthless, especially Henry Bowers the leader of the gang" Grandma Lil  explained. "Henry is known to carry around a switchblade and is extremely ruthless" Grandma Lil finished. Uncle Fred suddenly looked at Lexi "Don't" He stated earning a laugh from Lexi. "Don't what?" Grandma Lil asked. Lexi looked at her grandmother and asked "Is he cute?" causing Grandma Lil to die of laughter. "What was so bad about tha question, Fred?" Grandma Lil asked as she continued to laugh. "She is into the psychos" He wheeze out. Lexi shrugged causing her grandmother to laugh even harder. "I'll let you decide if he is cute or not" Grandma Lil finally said as she came off the laughter. They all calmed down and stopped laughing. "Can I fix up my room?" Lexi asked. "Of course honey, it's your room" Grandma Lil answered. "Is there any tones around here?" Lexi asked. "Yea, in the middle of town but be careful, Bowers gang hangs around there" Grandma Lil explained. Lexi nodded hugging her uncle bye, who got in the truck and left for back home.

Lexi ran up stairs to her room. She grabbed her gray duffel bag, taking her phone and wallet out putting them in her back pocket. She sat he bag back on the floor and walked out her room shutting it behind her, walking back downstairs. "I'll be back in a hour" she said out for her grandmother who is in the kitchen can hear her. "Okay,  be safe" Grandma Lil spoke back. Lexi opened the front door walking out, closing it behind her. She walked off the porch and down the side walk. She was about to walk pass the Pharmacy when in the alleyway she spotted 5 kids, one who was clearly hurt. "Damn" she thought to herself and turned down the alleyway. She walked over to them, a look of no emotion written on her face. "What happened? Is he ok?" Lexi asked. They look up, the one with thick glasses speaks up and half yells. "WOAH...... WHY IS A HOT GIRL TALKING TO US......"
Lexi tried her best to stifle her laughter.
"Richie! Shut up! You don't just say that!" The thin curly blonde headed boy hissed. Richie glared at him and rolled his eyes. "Anyways, this Stan, Eddie, Bill and...?" Richie gestured towards the injured boy. "Ben" He replied quietly. "Are you ok, Ben" Lexi asked as the small frame brunette she assumed is Eddie, bandaged him up. "
I'm fine" Ben said quietly. "I... I just fell... thats all" He said trailing off. "Yeah, fell right into Henry Bowers!" Richie practically shouted. Lexi raised her brow at the name. "I keep hearing that kids name" she spoke and rolled her eyes, the boys laughed a little. "He's the leader of that gang, uhhhh what's the name.... oh yea, Bowers gang, right?" She asked. "Yeah" Eddie answered for them.  "Wait, how do you not know him, tho?" Richie asked. "I'm new to town, I only heard about him from my grandmother, who I'm living with" she answered. "W-who i-is y-your g-grandmother?" Bill asked. "Lil" Lexi answered. All their eyes went wide, "No way!" Richie shouted. "What?" Lexi was so confused at that point. "Your the granddaughter of Lil which means you're the girl Henry Bowershad a crush in as kids!"Richie answered, her eyes are wide.