the way life goes

Redy frowns. She continues to hear an unfamiliar voice plus someone shaking her. She mumbles something and tries to go back to sleep. The same voice speaks again. "Okay, unnie you leave me no choice, MINAHHHHH."

Soweon frowns. Bada Unnie is acting kind of strange and she looks like she saw a ghost. Minah huffs. "Soweon I don't think Bada is fully awake. Let's give her a bit of time." Soweon wants to protest but she's being dragged out by Minah.

Bada. Bada. Bada. Redy paces back and forth. There's no way it's the Bada she's thinking of. It can't be. She looks in the mirror and almost screams. Somehow she's looking at the reflection of Bada Lee.

Redy just needs to go back to sleep and everything will be back to the way it is. She hears a different voice call out. "Unnie! We have things to do." Redy gets an idea at the last moment. She'll pretend to be sick.

Meanwhile at Harimu's apartment... Bada feels the bed dip. She yawns and stretches. She almost falls off the bed when she sees someone unfamiliar sitting across. She wonders if she has a headache that's making her see things.

Harimu tilts her head. "You're looking at me like you saw an alien." She frowns in concern. "Redy-yah you look kind of pale." Her frown deepens when 'Redy' jumps up and zooms to the bathroom.

Bada quietly laughs to herself in disbelief. Somehow I'm Subin-ah right now. Her eyes widen realizing what that means for the actual Subin-ah. She takes a few deep breaths and rinses her face.

Back at Minah and Bada's house (where Bebe usually meets up) Redy is doing a good job at 'being' sick. She wakes up after a long nap and looks in the mirror again. She scowls lightly. It's not a dream. Shit.

Redy pretends to vomit after looking through Bada's closet. Oh fuck no this won't do, I'm not wearing any of this. She needs to go shopping but she can't just drop the sick act. She hears a knock on the door and races back to the bed.

Tatter sighs softly. "Bada I have your medicine. Don't be stubborn about or do I have to show the video?" Tatter giggles at how adorable Bada looks. The blanket is wrapped around her head and she looks like that one meme.

Redy pouts. She hopes that will get the blonde to show the video. The blonde doesn't budge for a few seconds but soon starts moving around. She calls for who Redy thinks are 5 other girls.

Soweon is shocked when 'Bada' starts laughing openly. 'Bada' has the biggest smile on her face. Lusher smiles. "I guess our leader isn't embarrassed by the video anymore." The video in question is when 'Bada' refused to take the medicine when she was sick. She also refused to accept help.

Dohee wonders where the sudden interest of jerseys came from. She's tried to ask 'Redy' but the said girl has just changed the topic. A few moments later Amy smirks. "I see the way you're looking at the tall girl. Is she going to be one of your new flings?

Bada learns that Redy has fooled around with several girls. She can't help the jealousy that surges through her. She briefly wonders if she even has the right to be jealous. Secretly she keeps an eye on what Redy is doing.

Redy finally sees an opening. She marches over to the table that Bada is sitting at and glares. "Is this your doing?" Bada shakes her head. "No." Redy huffs. "Are you sure?" Bada nods. "You can trust me."

Bada smiles sadly when Subin laughs sarcastically and declares that she'll never trust Bada ever again. Bada sighs. "Maybe we should tell at least one other person." Subin rolls her eyes. "Pfft like they'd ever believe we chose to switch lives because we're obviously in love."

Redy narrows her eyes when she sees the corner of Bada's lips lift to a grin. She looks behind Bada and mutters under her breath. "You've got to be fucking kidding me." Behind Bada are her friends, the same 6 girls from the house earlier.

Bada huffs. "There's no one better to trust than my girls." Redy sneers. "They're your friends." Minah frowns. "Woah woah. Let's be nice please." Redy rolls her eyes and crosses her arms. She suddenly widens her eyes. "Fuck me. Shit."

Redy leans forward. "How good are you flirting?" Bada tilts her head. "What?" Redy huffs. "You do realize you're me right? The girl coming closer to this boba shop is a casual and frequent fling of mine. Please flirt with her."

Bada gets up. Shit, the things I do for women. The flirting is forced but she makes it seem natural. She only wants to flirt with Redy but assuming that Redy is going to act cold and sassy throughout the near future, there's no chance of that happening soon.

Redy soon realizes that although Bada's friends can be quite clingy, they know how to vibe and have fun. The doorbell rings. Redy smiles widely. It turns out Lusher did in fact do what Redy asked, she befriended Harimu.

Bada hears a giggle and looks to see Redy. Her words are slightly slurred when she asks Bada to dance with her. Bada chuckles. "Kitty, you're drunk." Redy huffs. "The more reason to have fun." She starts swaying her hips a little.

Redy tends to be the emotional drunk and tonight is one of those nights. She harshly pokes Bada in the chest. "You're a meanie!" Bada pouts. "No I'm not. I'm an angel!" She's slightly tipsy. Redy shakes her head in a stubborn way. "You can be a meanie and an angel."

Bada wants to get fully drunk but she also wants to sober up. She doesn't know what she wants but she does. She takes a deep breath. She tilts her head as Subin sits up. She's waiting to see what Subin will do.

Redy is kind of unsure. The idea Bada suggested is kind of good. She looks around. Of course Bada isn't here anymore. A few seconds later Bada comes back. "I'm getting drunk as well, it's only fair."

Bada's idea is to be handcuffed together for the rest of the night. She wouldn't have suggested this if her life wasn't switched with Subin's. She wants to know the outcome but she mostly wants to know what will happen during the in-between if she's drunk.

2.5 weeks later

Bada is lying at the beach with Subin sitting in between her legs. Subin giggles. "What a journey." Bada hums. "I still remember it like it was yesterday."

Redy tilts her head. "Babe, what do you think, do you think the universe taught us something when we switched lives?"

Bada doesn't answer and preps Subin's face with kisses. She finally answers after Subin tickles her. "I think it depends on how you look at it." Subin hums in agreement and leans against Bada's chest.