realise

"Somun,

it's me, Hana.

Here I am again.

If you were here, I'm pretty sure you would get tired of seeing me everyday.

But actually, as time passes by, I kinda miss you?
Even though you were sometimes pretty annoying. But I still care about you.

We still have so many things to talk about.

Still many things I have to tell you.

I still remember the first time we met, yes, I remember you. We were closing the noodle shop then I saw you there.

You were with your friends - Ungmin and Juyeon - then our eyes met, you were looking at me with those eyes.

None of us said anything, we just exchanged a few glances.

A few days later we met again. I saw you in that alley, your friends were nowhere to be seen, you were with other people. They were bullying you.

Why were you there? I had so many question to ask but maybe you would freak out, we barely knew each other at that time.

Why do you keep making me worried, Somun?

Since the first day we met, I couldn't help myself but keep worrying about you and make me want to protect you.

I know you've been through a lot, but if you're having a hard time, you should tell me. You idiot.

Don't keep all to yourself. We are all here.

I am here.

Since you've been in coma, I've been thinking about you. About us.

I've never thought that I would feel something for you.. I thought you as my younger brother, but I feel like I wasn't sincere to myself either.
We kept telling each other we are just family, but are we? We keep avoiding this topic.

We are not the same, Somun. Or is it just me?"

Somun slowly moved his hand as he woke up. Hana was just so happy that she couldn't help but hugged him tightly. Somun was still laying down on the bed, trying to understand where he was and why Hana was in tears.

"Hana noona" he tried to get her attention but she was still embracing him.

The others arrived from behind as the room was filled of the counters crying. Somun has been in coma after he rescued Ma Juseok and the whole time the counters blamed themselves for letting Somun going alone.

"It's not your fault. It was my choice to rescue Ma Juseok and if I go back in time, I would do it again." Somun said as he was now sitting on the bed, carefully choosing the right words to say.

"If anything happens to you, I have no idea how I am going to react. I lost my parents once and I don't wanna lose anyone else. Even if this means sacrifice myself, I would do anything to keep you guys safe."

"But you don't have to do alone, we have to protect you too, Somun. So next time you're gonna sacrifice yourself, we will stop you. We almost lost you twice and that's not gonna happen again."

Somun was now on the verge of tears, he kept his head down so they won't be able to see him crying.

"Thank you.. thank you for everything. " He said as he softly looked at them one by one as Ms. Chu rubbed his back, making him cry harder.
On the other side, Hana was holding his hand.

-

Hana and Somun were now left alone in the room. No one spoke for a moment.

"I.. actually heard, or at least some words, you told me while I was unconscious.." Somun began to speak, his eyes were avoiding hers as Hana looked at him confused.

Hana realised what he was talking about.

So you know how I feel about you?

"Somun—"

"I like you" he finally locked his eyes with her as he looked at her fondly. He softly smiled at her as he held her hands.

"This year we have a been through a lot and I just kept thinking about how to improve myself to keep all of you safe. I didn't have the chance to talk about how I feel towards you. I honestly thought you don't like me back as you saw me only a high school student back then." He paused as Hana frowned.

"Somun.. maybe I didn't want to admit that I like you back then. Maybe because we, all of us, kept telling each other we are like a family and maybe it felt wrong? But when you were in coma, I realised that my feelings for you grew stronger. You were there by my side even when I pushed you away."

"So you.. like.. me too.. for real?"

"I thought you heard me when you were in coma"

"Yes, but I wasn't sure—"

"I like you too, Somun." Hana finally said it as Somun's smile got wider as he hugged her tightly. Hana got startled for his sudden action but she hugged him back.

"I like you, Do Hana. I never stopped liking you."

Somun broke the hug as they looked at each other. Her heart was pounding louder as she close her eyes, anticipating for what's happening next. He leaned in close, lips gently brushing together, tentatively, for the first time. Hana felt butterflies in her stomach as she kissed him back.
The kiss was slow but passionate, they paused as they gazed into each other's eyes.  

"Can't believe you're the same girl who didn't want to be touched—" Somun jokingly said.

"Shut up!" Hana said as she hit him on the arm, making Somun winced in pain.

"Guys let's eat— oh my! I'm sorry for interrupting!" Jeokbong said as he saw the two very close to each other as he immediately got out of the room.

"Hyung!" Somun said as he went to him.

"I'm letting you two alone!"

"Somun! Don't run! You should still rest!"

The end.

-

A/N: hi! first of all, i'm sorry for the lack of my writing skills ㅠㅠ. it's been a long since i tried to write, but i was excited to write this one.

but i hope you can still enjoy reading this short-story! tuc season two only gave us crumbs of somun and hana, but i hope with this short story made you happy hhh.

thank you for reading 'realise'!~