Comes From My Heart

“If you give me your heart, what will I get?" she asked, her face neutral and gaze so cold as she continued, “Will you fill the emptiness of this young rebel of a wrecked family? Will you calm the waves of the raging ocean that splashes the shore? Will you let me in into your home when the world is crying?”

From the moment her eyes darted and locked with mine, a thousand different waves of emotions ran through her precious and beautiful crystal orbs. As if it dances to light and dark and something in between.

Then, there's this crawling of warmth in me, clawing to let it out as I flashes a small smile contradictory to her stern and cold demeanor.

“Let me fill the void in your heavy heart—make it lightweight for your heart if you give it to me with such willingness. And no, I won't stop the raging waves of the ocean for you. I will row and sail a boat for you, and let's overcome the storm of the vast water until we reach the calmness of it and have your tranquility—your prize possession—peace. And I won't let you in for a shelter in my hearth when it's raining. I will be running along with you in the rain, crying with you, dancing as if those little fools wanted themselves free, and then walking with you to my warm abode so you can rest, feel safe, and feel warm. I can't let my woman feel the dreading cold outside and under the rain while I sit or lay on my bed in comfort.”

It's not the words that I want to spill just because those are the words that she wanted to hear—waiting for someone to tell those possible pretty petty lies that come from whoever strangers she will meet. I said those words to her because my heart was the one who answered her questions, not me.

Peri