Chapter 8

*Rex's POV*

As soon as my wrist comm went off, stating that General Skywalkers squad was returning, I started straight for the hanger. I got there before the squad, leaning against the wall, my helmet tucked securely under my arm. My heart beating fast as I await their return, waiting for her.

My face heats up as I think of her, my mind wandering. I was taken out of thought as ships arrived, docking in the hangar. I approach them, heading towards General Skywalker as he exits his ship. General Kenobi follows behind him. I glance around, looking for the curly brown hair that belongs to Amylin.

My eyes land on Senator Amidala and Commander Tano as they follow the two older jedi, both looking not so happy. "Generals," I greet. Kenobi bows, and continues towards the bridge, while Skywalker stops. "Captain," he greets back. Commander Tano walks straight past, ignoring us, and following General Kenobi. The senator looks back, giving General Skywalker a soft look, then continuing after the padawan.

I start getting worried at their behavior, and even more at the absence of a certain Jedi. Skywalker sighs, then looks towards me, "Let's head to the bridge, we need to discuss our next move." I nod, and he heads the way the others disappeared. I glance once more at the ship, hoping for Amylin to step out, but she never does.

I shake my feelings of worry away the best I can, then walk quickly to catch up to the General. We reach the bridge just as two Jedi masters appear on the holotable. I stand back, as the Jedi circle the table, placing my helmet upon my head.

"Master Windu, Master Yoda," General Kenobi starts. They greet him back, as well as General Skywalker and his padawan. "We have news about Amylin Amidala," General Skywalker states. Commander Tano sends him a glare. I feel my heart rate quicken, unsure if I want to keep listening.

"Go on," General Windu says, clearly concerned about what he is going to say next. "She has been taken captive by Grievous." My heart seems to drop down to my stomach as I process the words. The Jedi are silent for a moment, then General Windu speaks again, "do we have any idea where they might be keeping her?"

"We believe she was taken back to Dooku's capital ship," General Kenobi states. I stand still, trying to maintain my breathing and to seem unaffected by their words. "However, we have no idea where that may be," He finishes, glancing away from the hologram. The Master sighs, shaking his head slightly. I glance down at my feet, fighting to keep calm.

"And is any of our information compromised with this new prisoner they acquired?" My head shoots back up as General Windu speaks. Is he serious? THAT is what he cares about? Padme speaks up now, "my sister would never betray the Republic, no matter what they try."

I grin slightly, only to be short lived as I imagine what they might do to her for any scrap of information. My anger builds up at the thought, but I'm drawn back as they continue speaking. "We are unable to do anything about General Amidala's situation until we figure out where she is being kept. We need to move on," Master Windu states. I furrow my brows, taken back that they are giving up so easily.

General Skywalker is about to speak, but Kenobi nudges him, shaking his head. He stays silent. "We will be in contact, keep us updated on the situation," The masters say, before ending the call. Skywalker sighs angrily, shaking his head. "It's okay, Anakin, just have patience." General Kenobi places a hand on his shoulder, trying to calm the jedi.

He then turns towards me. I straighten up at the sudden attention. "In the meantime," he starts, "You and Cody will head to the outer rim and carry out inspections. They are coming up due." I nod, "yes sir," he smiles, and leads General Skywalker out, Commander Tano following behind.