21

"Wait, so..." Reese looked at Jordan as her parents talked in the next morning. "Mom is not with Dad anymore because she's with someone else. And Dad is back with Mom?"

Jordan chuckled, shaking his head as him and Jalen looked at the tablet. "Which Mom, Reese's Cup? We got two of 'em- Oh, shit. I think I see what they did."

"Me, too." Jalen pointed at the screen. "They runnin' 2 high safeties but they got a cornerback spy, leaving one wideout open."

Jordan nodded. "They ain't blitzing, either."

Jalen rewinded the tape. "You right. They only rushing 3, not 5."

"How are you guys watching football film at a time like this?" Reese looked at the screen. "Plus, y'all are wrong. He's not a cornerback spy."

The quarterback smacked his teeth, giving her a side eye. "What is it, then?"

Reese literally played goalie, which was a defensive soccer position. So, she knew a thing or two about defensive scheme planning. So, she shooed them out of her way and rewinded the tape.

"He's not a spy. He's just a pretend spy." Reese did a slow replay, using her pointer finger to break down the play. "He's making sure Jalen second guesses his reads. The corner is actually gonna cut back and tackle Dallas Goedert after Jalen dumps the ball off."

Jordan looked at Jalen. "He's daring you to throw the ball. Tre Diggs pretends to be the QB spy to make you second guess your reads so you'll just throw a short pass instead of throwing it down the field."

"So, then..." Reese clicked a different view of the same play, making Jalen and Jordan lean in closer. "What you're not remembering is Tre Diggs is their best corner. So, that leaves a corner that's not as good on DeVonta' and AJ is right here wide open with a linebacker trying to chase him down."

Jalen looked away from the play and at Reese.

"You just made this niggas dick hard." Jordan said without thinking twice. "How you know all that Reese?"

She thought about it then frowned. "I actually have no idea."

"So..." Jalen glanced at the tablet. "We be getting our ass beat by the Cowboys every time we play them niggas and you wasn't bouta tell us what kind of  defense they was running?"

Reese laughed. "We have bigger issues right now."

"Oh, yeah." Jordan said. "So, Mom and Dad aren't together anymore."

"Mom as in Serina?"

He nodded. "Yeah. Then, Mom number 2 is back with Dad."

"Jessica."

"Yes." Jordan said. "And Mom 1 is dating some other nigga."

Jalen tried to wrap his head around what they were talking about but he didn't get it. They had 2 Moms and had both of them around. Not only that- they called both of them Mom. This is why Jalen minded his business when it came to a lot of stuff.

"So that's what Mom wanted to tell us?" Reese said. "I've only been in Philly for a week."

"That's what I'm saying."

Serina opened the door, revealing she and Sterling. "Alrighty, guys. It's time we talk."

"Wait, why is Bri here?" Layla whispered to Reese as they took their seats. "I'm really confused about why this bitch-"

Reese shook her head. "She friends with this girl on my team. I guess she brought her as a plus one."