The boy

(AU EXPLANATION + THUMBNAIL CREDITS IN THE DESCRIPTION!)

The leaves crack as my shoes move in a pattern.
Right, left, right, left..
The birds twitter happily, singing some songs about whatever.
I hum to myself. I feel curious, yet sad.

I miss him so much. My poor brother..
It's been 3 years since Bill kidnapped him. I don't know what happened to him there, but I hope he wasn't hurt.. Bill is a terrible demon.
Well, now that I think about it, he is a demon, so obviously he's gonna be terrible. But still. I hate him.

Today is the anniversary of when Dipper was kidnapped. I go to the forest on this day because the forest was Dipper's favorite part of Gravity Falls.

Bill is rulling over Gravity Falls, so basically everything goes his way, but it's not like we don't have free time--He doesn't really make us work unless he wants to torture us. He's still trying to find a way out of the town so that he can take over the whole world, but thankfully Ford has been taking care of the outside of town to make sure nothing happens.

I look around the forest until suddenly, I freeze. There's a guy--I can't see him too well, but he's flying.. the light of the sun is pointed at him. It looks so ethereal.

I sneakily walk behind a tree to see him better.
I can't see his face because he has a weird red fox mask on.. but he's definitely flying. He's literally sitting on air.
What.

I try to step closer, but I trip on air.
Shoot! No no no!!
I think to myself. The boy looks in my direction and black goop starts to surround his hands and legs.
What the heck is that?!
He's creepy!!
Suddenly, he disappears.
What the..?
I turn around, and see him appear in front of me with a black goopy weapon pointed at my face. It slightly touches my cheek, and suddenly out of nowhere I'm filled with anxiety.

"Woah, woah!! Calm down! I come in peace!" I say, putting my now shaky hands up.
"Who are you!? Are you lying!?" The boy yells behind his mask.
He sounds familiar..
Wait.
Is that..?
No, it couldn't be.

"Answer my question!" He yells again, snapping me out of my thoughts. His voice gets deeper and scarier.
"I'm sorry! My name is Mabel, Im not gonna do anyth-"

'clang!'

He drops his weapon and freezes.
"M-Mabel-- is your name?.." He asks, sounding much softer.
"Yes, now please don't hurt me.." I say, backing up.
The black goop disappears and suddenly I'm not so scared anymore.

"I-I won't hurt you.. I'm sorry.." Now he's anxious. Even when I can't see his face, I can tell he's looking at me with guilt.
"Who are you." I demand, trying to look more serious even though I still have a pinch of fear in me.
"Mabel, it's me,--"

"..Dipper."

My eyes widen as I hear his words. Without a thought, I leap onto him with so much joy and hug him tightly, crying. He hugs me.

"Y-you shouldn't be here, you know." He says, anxiously.
"Why?" I ask.
"Bill is near.." he whispers.
"O-oh.. are you okay? What did he do to you when he kidnapped you?"
"He changed me into a creature and forced me onto his side.. If I go to the side I wanna be on, AKA yours,.." he stops.
"What? What will happen?"
"..I'll die."

I hug him tighter and cry more. He gently holds my mouth shut.
"Mabel, I'm so sorry, but.. You need to go."
"Wait, but Dipper!--"
"Go!" He holds my arm and snaps his fingers.
And just like that, I'm back in the shack.
Only me.
No Dipper.
I fall to the floor on my knees and cry.

Dipper..
Come back..