Growing up with the Bad Guys

12 years ago...

A man placed a young girl, tan skin with black hair, onto the doorstep of a large house. The young girl was only 3. 

" Papa?" she called as the man gave her a last hug before ringing the doorbell and walking away at a quick pace. The young girl was confused. She stood up as she saw her father disappear as a group of cyclists passed by. The young girl called out.

" Papa?"

She started to cry as the door flew open and a deep voice asked annoyingly.

" What?" he looked around before looking down to see a young girl staring at him. He gave her a confused look.

" What is it, Reynold? Who's at the door?" another voice yelled from inside. This voice was female. A blonde-haired woman appeared beside the man. She was holding a large machete. 

" What-?" the woman looked at the 3-year-old. The young girl started to cry again; tears fell down her cheeks. The woman bent down.

" Aw, shh shh, it's ok," the woman said as she shoved the knife to Reynold and carried the crying girl into her arms. Reynold looked left and right as the woman carried the girl inside. He grunted as he closed the door. He walked into the living room, where 6 others sat. The woman placed the girl on the couch.

" Who's the lass?" asked a deep voice with a Scottish accent. A man, thick beard, arm thick with tattoos sat on a chair at the opposite the room. He wore silver chains, silver and gold rings, black jeans, and an unbuttoned black vest. He wasn't wearing any shirt, only the vest which did a poor job covering his upper body. His chest had 3 tattoos and he had a gun in his lap. One tattoo was his name, Logan.

 The gun, a sniper, was the first gun the young girl had ever saw in real life. She had stopped crying, but her lips trembled. Reynold shrugged before turning to the blonde woman.

" What we do with her, sis?" he asked. The woman didn't turn to him, she was examining the girl.

" No scars, no bruises, no injuries, nothing!" she said loudly.

" She's probably been abandoned," a red-headed woman said. The blonde glared at her.

" Hey, Celtra's probably right," said a guy with dark skin. He looked young, something between 17 to 20.

" Shut up, Ricky" the blonde said harshly. Rick raised up his hands in surrender.

" Just saying, Cat" Rick replied to the blonde. The blonde, Catalina, glared at him. He walked away, going upstairs.

" Catalina, I'm serious! What do we do with her?" Reynold yelled as Catalina carried the girl. The young girl cooed then laughed adorably. Catalina laughed along. Reynold rolled his eyes.

" Cute lass," said Logan. Reynold groaned.

" Yeah, she's cute alright, and she doesn't seem scared, well, not anymore," Celtra stated, smiling a little when the girl smiled at her. Reynold crossed his arms.

" Guys! Really! What should we do with her?" Reynold yelled.

" I think we'll keep her," his sister replied, setting the girl down. The girl walked towards Reynold. She wrapped her tiny arms around his leg, stared up at him and giggled.

" Aww," Catalina cooed. Reynold patted the girl's head hesitantly before shaking his leg softly. The girl let go and fell to the floor, bottom first.

A brown-haired man with pale skin stood up from where he sat. Reynold turned to him.

" What do you think, Ben?"

Ben looked at the girl, scrunched up his face before answering: " Orphanage?"

" Or we could hand her over to the police," shrugged Charlotte. The dark-skinned woman with curly black locks yawned as she stretched and straightened up.

"Are you insane? We're the bad guys! The only reason the police haven't round us up and put us in jail is because we have a contract. And the contract stated the police won't do anything about our problems, so there!" Reynold explained loudly.

"你们真的好吵! (You guys are really noisy!)" a Chinese woman complained. She sat up, her long black hair brushed her face. Mei lin was her name. She turned to Reynold.

" Orphanage is the best idea," Mei lin said. Catalina glared.

" We're keeping her, that's settled." Reynold and Catalina argued. The girl turned to Reynold as if on cue. She gave him large puppy dog eyes and pouted.

" Fine."