𝐭𝐰𝐨, surprises

___________________________

I held myself together and sighed in relief. "Sorry, for bumping into you. I wasn't paying attention." I apologised. It still shocked me that I walked against a F1 driver, but it's also extremely.. awkward and embarrassing.

"Don't worry, really." Alex answered, looking in my eyes with honesty.

"Were you on your way to the paddock?" He said with curiosity. I was still holding my camera in my hand, but my focus was currently on Alex as I try ignoring all that had just happened.

It also took me time to process. "Oh, yes, actually." I mumbled, still embarrassed of bumping into him.

"Aah! Wait, are you the girl, Logan told me about?" I look at him with confusion. He told Alex about me?.. why? Wait, no, it's probably because I'm a new photographer and spoke to him this morning.

It's no big deal. "That's possible." I replied, forcing a smile. Still being in full confusion. Alex didn't think much of it, since he had just thought it was because of me being a photographer.

"Well come on, I was going to the team anyways." Alex told me, having a bright smile on his face. We walked by each other's side as we spoke. Me taking pictures from other people, that stood out as I spoke to the Williams driver.

As we made it to his garage, I look around. It was like my eyes were searching for someone. Then I took my camera again, taking pictures of Alex' mechanics.

Logan's paddock was next to his, but I tried not going there, as my thoughts told me it was for the better. Better for me, my career.

I decided to walk back to Alex to shot some pictures, then spotting him speaking with Logan. "Yeah, I am. I am excited for my first season in Formula 1." I hear Logan mumble. I took a few shots, while I stood by their side.

It caught their attention and both of them smiled to my camera, but also certainly towards me. I smiled back, when I put my camera away.

"Nice to see you again, Chloe? Clo? Ah wait, Clover." Alex said, laughing as he realised what he said. He nodded.

"Yeah, well I'm glad to work with you all for the season." I chuckled, smiling back. I realised Logan didn't speak one bit. Just keeping quiet, but it seemed like he wanted to say something, but the words didn't come out. He acted so different than this morning.

"So Logan told me about you this morning. Huh Logan." He nudged at Logan, giving him a smirk. It was adorable, also because Logan kept quiet. My gaze kept on his face, until I realised he was blushing slightly. Even Alex was staring at Logan, as if he was expecting an answer.

"Right, yeah." Logan answered, still speaking with his soft American accent. I laughed a little. It sounded as if he wanted to be confident.

"He told me how he liked your pictures and much more." Alex said, smiling. It didn't feel like he was exposing him, because it was with comfort. They trusted each other. It was like Alex was backing up Logan?.. Now I'm even more confused than before.

"Much more?" I asked, smiling in curiosity.

"I- I got to go prep for the race tomorrow." Logan stuttered quickly, walking away in a rush. Okay? That was weird. I understand that he has to go prepare, but why in a rush? He walked towards his garage.

Alex laughed, watching Logan walk away. I was staring too. Then my eyes shifted back to Alex.

"Alex, I was wondering if you'd like to shoot some pictures? Just real quick, I swear."

I asked. That was the first reason why I came her.. Not to speak to Logan. Right? Alex agreed and nodded. "Yes! Okay."

We did a small photoshoot until he had to go and leave for his meetings.