Chapter 2

[Writer's POV ]

" Please excuse me , " Rohan went to pick up the call from his parents by taking jiya with her

" Where are they ? " Darshan came suddenly when noor was busy with chopping

" They're on a call " she only replied him because they were now avoiding each other after last nights conversation continuing her work , she kept looking at him until he reached towards freeze to take some water  without realising  that she was chopping something she cut her finger

" Oouch " she said in pain

" WHAT ARE YOU DOING ?, " Darshan runned towards her immediately holding her finger into his hands , he kept blowing it up to release her pain , it was just a normal cut but he was too worried , she kept staring at him

" Why are you always so careless noor , " Darshan sounded worried taking her towards washbasin to wipe off the blood and took out medical box to apply some ontiment

" Such a careless girl you are !" He kept telling her while applying it to her without even realising that he has been expressing his love openly after behaving cold for some time

" Wha...what  ? What are you looking at ? " he said when he took a glance at her that Noor has been staring at him

" Nothing " she just kept smiling

They were so close after so many days Noor was happy seeing that darshan cares for her that means he still loves her , she knew this but after getting a cold treatment she thought he dont love her anymore now she was confident that she can surely bring back the old darshan one day

" Take care next time , don't be clumsy , is it hurting so much ?  " Darshan asked her

" No , it's not hurting anymore as you have cured it " she said continuously looking at him , both of their eyes stared at each other

" Ahem ahem" Rohan and jiya faked a cough after looking at them for a minute

They both immediately took some steps back from each other

" Looks like someone being romantic, giving vibes like newly weds, huhh? " Rohan teased them to cheer them both

" Rohan let's not disturb them , just go from here let them have their breakfast alone " jiya played along with him  while smiling mischievously

"J-just stop, you guys," Noor interrupted, her voice rushed. "Come on, let's eat. We need to rush to work," she swiftly changed the topic.

"Okay," Rohan and Jiya replied in unison, their curiosity piqued.

As they settled around the dining table, Noor passed a plate to Darshan. "Darshan, try this. I made it for you," she offered with a warm smile.

Darshan accepted the plate, anticipation in his eyes. He was about to take a bite when the doorbell rang.

"I'll get the door," Rohan volunteered, moving to open it.

"Who could it be at this hour?" Jiya wondered aloud, her gaze fixed on Noor.

"No idea. Let's find out," Noor replied as the three of them turned their attention to the door.

"TARA?" Rohan exclaimed in surprise as he opened the door.

"Heyyy, Rohan," Tara replied, her face lighting up as she hugged him.

Darshan, equally astonished, approached the unexpected guest. "Tara?, " he echoed in disbelief.

Tara smiled, her eyes sparkling, and walked over to Darshan.

"What a delightful surprise!" Darshan exclaimed as he welcomed her into their midst.

" When did you came back from London? " Darshan asked her

" Just came back and heading straight to you both But  You guys both are changed , " Tara started teasing them when both the girls noor and jiya kept staring at three of them

Rohan confidently responded, " Oh, for sure! Haven't we become much more handsome than before?" He chuckled, clearly enjoying the compliment.

"No, you guys have become less handsome. You were so cool in college."Tara continued to tease

Darshan joined in with laughter, taking the jesting in stride.

[ Noor's POV ]

As I watched Darshan laugh so freely, it felt like an eternity since I'd seen him so joyful. I couldn't help but stare at him, hoping to capture that moment in my heart forever.

"Who is she?" Interrupting my thoughts, Jiya asked,

"I'm not sure," I replied, guessing she was one of their friends.

Jiya mused, "Hmm, it seems so.

Just look at Rohan, the way he's flirting with her." Her voice carried a hint of jealousy.

"Oh, so you're jealous, huh? I teased her

Just as Rohan finally noticed our presence, Jiya's gaze on him became apparent.

"Oops, so sorry, guys," Rohan apologized, attempting to diffuse the situation. "I... I forgot to introduce both of you."

Rohan proceeded to introduce us, "She's Tara, our college friend. We were in the same university, part of our college gang."

We both greeted Tara with warm hellos, waving enthusiastically.

Rohan continued with introductions, "And Tara, this is Jiya, my girlfriend." Then he turned to Darshan before he could say anything

"Tara, meet my wife, Noor," Darshan introduced me. His words touched my heart deeply. Though it may have seemed like a small gesture to him, it was a profound proof that there was still a special place for me in his heart. Despite the changes in his behavior over the past year, this introduction filled me with a sense of pride. His voice exuded a genuine sense of pride and without any hesitation, he acknowledged me as his wife.

"Oh, so you're Darshan's wife," she stepped forward, extending her hand for a handshake. I reciprocated, offering a friendly smile.

"It's nice meeting you two," she expressed warmly.

However, something about her felt off. I couldn't quite put my finger on it, but I had a nagging feeling that she had some ulterior motive. I hoped I was wrong, but there was an undeniable sense of difference about her, and I couldn't shake my uneasy vibes.

We welcomed her into the conversation, and it was clear she had a close bond with both the boys. They engaged in lively chatter, catching up as "old friends" who hadn't met in a while. Jiya and I decided to give them some space, but I couldn't help feeling discomfort seeing her around Darshan. My heart was consumed by jealousy, yet I kept those feelings to myself.

"Isn't she acting a bit strange?" Jiya inquired as we busied ourselves cleaning in the kitchen.

"Hmm, a little bit," I replied after stealing a glance at her.

Jiya voiced her suspicions, saying, "She definitely seems to have something on her mind. Just look at how she's getting closer to Darshan."

"Jiya, come on, you might be overthinking this. They're just friends," I reassured her, even though I had similar concerns. I didn't want us to dwell on it too much.

"So, you don't have any problem with her?" she inquired.

"No,  i mean , Honestly, I felt something was off too, but we shouldn't rush to judgment, Jiya, Let's see , Alright , now don't worry too much " I replied thoughtfully after a brief pause.

Jiya continued to gaze at the three of them, her suspicions lingering.

"Let's go, we're running late," I urged her to move along.

Together, we headed to our workplace, leaving the boys behind with her. They said  they'd come later.