Shift

Malia Tate x Fem!Reader

Requested by Anon

Halloween 2023 event

Request: Anonymous asked: Hello Bonniebird! May I get a female reader with Malia Tate and the prompt So this means you're a werewolf? #Halloween2023

You stared at Malia who was frozen in front of you. Lydia rushed to throw her coat over Malia who stepped back a few steps and put some space between the two of you. Lydia, who had been hurrying to keep up with Malia glanced between the two of you.

"What... urm. What are you doing out here so late (Y/N)?" Lydia asked you casually. You gave her an incredulous look before letting out a shaky sigh.

"You're asking me that? Now. After what I just saw." You snapped and crossed your arms. You felt exposed and afraid as if the woods you grew up beside were suddenly dangerous and unknown.

"Well, honestly I'm not sure what else to say." Lydia said and turned to Malia for help. Malia was staring at you, frozen with wide eyes as she wrapped Lydia's coat around herself. No one said anything for a long time. Finding the air desperately awkward you cleared your throat and finally broke the silence. "So this means you're a werewolf?"

"Coyote." Malia said quickly. She still looked rather startled.

"What?" You said and she looked a little more confident.

"I'm a were... coyote." She answered. You laughed awkwardly as if she was being ridiculous but then stopped as you recalled watching the coyote that had passed in front of you turning into Malia moments before.

"I... I don't know what to say." You said honestly. She stared at you and shuffled forward awkwardly with a few tentative steps.

"You're not scared?" She asked and you scrunched up your face as you frowned.

"With the things that have happened in this town? Not really." You said and smiled when you looked relieved.