𝚃𝙴𝙽

-----------------------------------------------------

iMessage

Declan🦞

Declan

Didn't know you were staying for dinner again? x

Daisy

Yeah I did say to you that I would probably be having dinner, you know you can always come over and eat with us? Xxx

Declan

Nah wouldn't want to impose on your little group x

Daisy

What's that supposed to mean? Xxx

Declan

Just forget it Dais x

Daisy

No I wont forget it, if you've got a problem just say it Dec, I'm not a mind reader?! Xxx

Declan

I'm not doing this over message x

Daisy

So what I come home and then you ignore me and not tell me what's wrong? Like you've been doing? Xxx

Declan

Surprised you noticed x

Daisy

Are you actually kidding me right now? I always check in on you and ask if you're okay but you don't talk to me xxx

Declan

Daisy I am not doing this over message, I won't be replying x

Daisy

Mature Declan, don't expect me to rush home, I suggest you calm down and we'll talk later x

-----------------------------------------------------

"You alright Dais?" Mason asks as he catches the way she places her phone down, screen side against the wooden table before picking up her fork again and stabbing into the pasta with vigour.

"I'm okay" she said, offering a small smile, a smile that Mason knows fully is fake, but he notices how Ruby and Woody are no longer fawning over one another and he doesn't want to draw attention to the evidential issue that Daisy is facing while others are around.

However, he promises himself to ask her about it, as if something isn't right he wants to be there to help them both, like the many times they have both been there for him.

*

Declan got out of bed quietly the following morning, trying his hardest not to wake Daisy up as he quickly ventured downstairs after getting dressed and towards the kitchen to grab his keys to head into work early.

He was a coward last night, he pretended to be asleep when she came home, granted it was later than usual but still he just couldn't seem to bring himself to speak to her not after the way things had gone.

He felt so silly with the way he acted, he knew he was invited over too, it wasn't like he was being isolated but still he couldn't shake that feeling last night, seeing the photos and texts come into the group chat and he just felt like he was back to how they used to be, before they were together.

When he would watch Mason and Daisy from the sidelines and wish more than anything that he could be him, that she would be his. And now he had her it just felt ever so fragile all of sudden and he just couldn't shift it.

He noticed a piece of paper in the kitchen, with a Tupperware box behind it, a large slice of chocolate cake inside, one from the bakery he likes, he knows from the frosting.

He picks up the note and his heart breaks a little bit;

Good morning,

Not sure if you will be gone before I wake up, but if so, Mason sent you this bit of cake, he was gutted you didn't come over last night and said he doesn't see you as much anymore and misses you.

That being said, I miss you too.

I don't know what's happened between us recently but I'm sorry if I have done anything to make you feel like I'm leaving you out of things or not being around as much, I really don't mean to and I can only apologise if that's how I've made you feel.

I was so angry earlier and I shouldn't have continued speaking over text and making it worse.

But I just want things to be right again, please can we talk tonight?

I love you so much,

Always,

Daisy xxx

*

The soft sounds of Ed Sheeran could be heard as Dec walked into the house, followed by the light voice of Daisy singing along.

He walked closer to the kitchen as he peered in, the dining table had been set already, a few little candles in the middle before he looked towards her.

An oversized t-shirt was on her body, one of his, while her hair was scraped up on her head as she was finishing off the last touches to what he was sure was the Chicken Fettuccine dish that they had when they went to the Italian that he also replicated in this exact kitchen.

"Shit" Daisy chokes out as she spots him "you weren't meant to be home for –" she picks up her phone "20 minutes" she continues as she stands frozen still to the spot "I was just about to go get dressed and ready".

"Why?" he said letting out a small laugh.

"Wanted to make an effort for you" she shrugs "wanted to surprise you" she said, the nerves dripping from her voice as Dec finally takes a step towards her, a frown on his face as he wraps his arms around her quickly.

"Baby you don't have to make an effort, you are perfect as you are" he tells her as her arms cling around his waist, pulling him as tightly as she can towards her, her face and nose burrowed into his chest, inhaling his scent "I am so sorry baby" he says quietly his head tucked down into her hair "I love you so much, don't wanna fight with you, don't wanna lose you" he rambles on as she mumbles back.

"I'm sorry too, don't want to fight either" she says as she looks up at him now, her hands coming from around his waist to his face, cupping his cheeks as she speaks to him "you can never lose me, its me and you forever remember" she tells him as he smiles at her.

"Always baby" he tells her before he leans down to kiss her lips, savouring the taste, finally feeling all the stress lift away.