18. Rengoku Kyojuro x Reader

●Training●

The morning sun illuminated the misty forest, casting ethereal rays of golden light through the canopy of trees. Birds chirped merrily, and the scent of dew-covered grass filled the air.

Near a small clearing, Kyojuro, the Flame Hashira, diligently trained, his sword cutting effortlessly through the air. Every swing, every move,showing his dedication. However, even someone as diligent as Rengoku needed a break.

Feeling a presence behind him, Rengoku halted his motions, turning to see you approaching with a basket in hand. Your smile instantly brightened his day. "You're up early," you remarked, setting the basket down on a nearby rock.

"Training, as always," he replied, sheathing his sword. "And what brings you here at this hour?"

You lifted the basket's cloth covering to reveal freshly baked bread, fruits, and a pot of steaming tea. "Thought you could use some breakfast."

His eyes sparkled with delight. "You always know how to surprise me."

The two of you settled down, with Rengoku eagerly digging into the meal. The simplicity of sharing breakfast in the middle of the forest brought a sense of calm and happiness.

"Do you remember the first time we trained together?" you asked, taking a sip of your tea.

He chuckled, "How could I forget? You were trying to match my pace, and I remember being so impressed by your determination."

You blushed slightly, recalling how you'd stumbled more than once, but he'd always been there to catch you. "You've always been my inspiration, Kyojuro."

He reached across, taking your hand in his. "And you've always been my anchor. No matter how intense the battles or the challenges I face, knowing you're there waiting for me... It gives me strength."

The moment was interrupted by a butterfly landing on the basket, its wings shimmering in the sunlight. You both watched it in silent admiration before it fluttered away.

Rengoku broke the silence, "Let's promise, no matter how busy or caught up we get, we'll always find time for moments like this."

You nodded, squeezing his hand in agreement, "Promise."

And as the morning progressed, the two of you enjoyed each other's company, cherishing the warmth and love shared between you.