Chapter 1

I never felt love from someone the way Taemin had shown it to me. He is respectful, kind, loving, a great provider and father, and shows his love by reminding me everyday through sweet words. I love him so much and he is the most precious person in my life. There's nothing he wouldn't do for me. Nothing.
***
Our son Taehyung is now 1 years old today and we are throwing him his first birthday party! I was setting up all the food while Taemin was bringing Taehyung downstairs. "There we go! He's all dressed and ready!" Taemin exclaimed while holding a confused looking baby. "Why is he making that face?" I laughed and pinched his cheeks. "He's only one. He doesn't know what a special day it is today." Taemin smiles at me. My heart melted seeing him look so happy.

The guests started to arrive one after another. All of Taemin's friends as well as mine and my parents even came. Taemin's dad showed up but his mom...couldn't make it. Or so she said. She's still not fond of me but I don't care. This isn't about her, it's about Taehyung.

"Wow look at Taemin! A father before any of us!" Jinki exclaimed. "I'm not surprised" Minho waved his hand. "What's that supposed to mean??" Taemin shouted getting red in the face. "Nothing." Minho held his hands up in defense and smiled. "We're so happy for you guys!" Key said hugging me. "I'm so glad you guys could make it!" I told them. Though this was a happy moment, I glanced at Taemin and for a small second he looked a bit sad. I knew why but didn't want to say anything about Jonghyun. I put my hand on his back and smiled at him as he straightened his back and smiled back at me.

"ARIII!!!" I turned at the sound of my name, seeing Emma run in with a present. "Hey!" I shouted with my arms held open for my best friend to run into. "It's been a while." She smiled. "I know but Taehyung sure keeps my busy." I chuckled.

The party was a success. Taehyung seemed to have a great time opening his gifts, the food was good, and it was nice having everyone around each other again. I took a deep breath taking everything in, feeling very happy. I decided to take a break and go outside for a moment before the party ended. As I stood on the porch of our new home, I watched as the sun was starting to set and the air was crisp, as autumn was just starting. I kind of envied Taehyung for having a fall birthday in comparison to my winter one.

As I was taking in the fresh air, I spotted someone watching me from across the street at the bus stop. I couldn't see their face but they were definitely watching me. They hadn't moved, not once. I started getting more concerned the more I watched them. When the figure finally moved, it was towards me. I quickly turned and ran back inside. Taemin, who was sitting in the kitchen with Minho, handed Taehyung to him and ran to me. "Hey hey what's the matter??" He grabbed me. I didn't say anything. I didn't want to worry him. I tried catching my breath as I looked at him. "I, uh, just thought I heard Tae scream." I lied. Taemin eased his tension and grabbed my cheek gently. "Don't scare me like that Ari." He kissed my cheek and went back to the kitchen.

Someone was watching me. Or was I imagining things? They could have just been waiting for the bus? Crossing the street?... Maybe I'm overthinking.