Chapter 2

As the party ended, we said goodbye to everyone and started to clean up. The guys and Emma stayed to help. As Emma was helping me wash the dishes, she spoke up. "Hey." I raised my eyebrows and turned to her. "You alright?" She caught me off guard by the question and my eyes darted back and forth. "Huh? W-what do you mean?" I said averting my gaze back to the plate in my hands. "You seem startled." I looked behind me seeing Taemin and the guys cleaning the counters and sweeping. I leaned closer to Emma and whispered. "You know when I went outside earlier?" She nodded back. "I thought I saw..." I took a breath." ...someone watching me." She looked shocked and asked me, "Like a stalker?" I shrugged. "I don't know. I think I might be over thinking it but it seemed like someone was watching me outside." She stayed silent for a moment. "You want to tell Taemin?" She asked. "No, no. I don't want to worry him. I'll just keep and eye out and call the police if I see anything else." She nodded and we finished cleaning.

After everyone left, Taemin and I got Taehyung ready for bed as well as ourselves. We finally dropped into bed and sighed. "What a day!" He said chuckling. "It sure was!" I agreed. Taemin came closer and pulled me into him. I felt his hands hold me tight and he kissed my neck slightly. "I love you so much Ari. You're the best thing to ever happen to me." I smiled and kissed him gently. "I feel the same about you." Taemin and I fell asleep ready for another day in the morning.

***
"I'll be back!" I yelled out as I left the house to get groceries. "Drive safe!" Taemin yelled back as he set Taehyung down to eat lunch. I got in the car and turned the key. Just as I was about to leave, Taemin came running. "What's wrong?" I asked concerned as I rolled the window down. He leaned in the window and kissed me. "I can't let you leave without getting a kiss." He smiled so sweetly and my heart was full. "I love you." He said. "I love you too" I responded and then left.

As I was walking around the store I was in my peaceful space. Something about grocery shopping alone was so calming. I walked down the frozen section and just as I was about to open a freezer, someone tapped me. Startled, I turned around quickly and who I saw made me freeze. "Ari? It is you! How are you?" I looked him up and down and then smiled. "Namjoon!" We hugged and I was shocked. He had gotten to handsome and looked like he was doing well. Last I seen Namjoon we had that super awkward double date with Taemin and Yewon. After we broke up, he checked on me here and there but I hadn't heard from him in a while.

"Oh my gosh how are you?" I asked him. "Great! I've been working, traveling, everything is good! How about you?" He patted my head. "I'm good! Taemin and I have a one year old son." "Wow, that's great!" He seemed genuinely happy for me. I showed him a picture and he smiled big. "Wow I'm so happy for you guys." He put his hands in his pockets and nodded. "We should get together soon and catch up." He suggested. "Um, I don't know Namjoon. I don't think Taemin would like me hanging out with...my ex boyfriend." I said unsure. "Oh no we are friends aren't we?" I paused. "...o-of course!" I responded hesitantly. "Well, I have your number, and you have mine. Let me know if you want to ever hang, okay?" I smiled and nodded. He came closer and hugged me and I hugged him back. He hugged me for a while before letting go and leaving, saying his best wishes.

When I finally got home, Taemin got everything out the car as I said hello to the baby. "Wow you got a lot of things." Taemin said. "We'll after that huge birthday party we have nothing to eat." I laughed. We unpacked everything and enjoyed our evening together. Just as we were watching tv, I remembered something. "Oh crap! I left the eggs in the car!" I ran outside to the driveway and unlocked the car. Just as I was about to open the door, I heard someone rustling behind me. I spun around and saw that same figure again. But instead of being across the street, they were on the sidewalk. Only about 20-30 feet away from me. I started shaking as I reached for the car door. Even though there was someone watching me, there's no way I'm leaving eggs in the car. Call me crazy. I quickly opened the door, grabbed the bag and turned back around. He was gone. "Shit." I walked backwards to the house and slammed the door as I locked it.

"Hey what's the matter!?" Taemin came running to me just like before. "Why are you running?" I was breathing heavily and put the bag down. "I thought I saw someone watching me outside." I finally told him. He looked at me concerned and went to check the window. "I don't see anyone." He said. "If it happens again, call the police. Do you understand?" Woah. Something about Taemin taking control like that made me see him differently. Stop it Ari this is serious! "Yes." I replied finally.

When night came, I gave Taehyung a bath and I
couldn't help but think about that man I saw. Why was he following and watching me? This person knows where I live and who I am. Or he's some random who's seen me before. I finished bathing the baby then dried and clothed him. I took a deep breath before putting him to bed as well as myself.