Chapter Eight

Hand in hand Hunter and I enter into his home. Scattered everywhere are still moving boxes which I would expect. What I am surprised to see, is how huge his house really is. From the outside it looks pretty big but once you get inside, it really hits you. If it weren't for Hunter holding my hand I would think this would all be a dream.

"Come on, why don't I make us some breakfast. I'm pretty sure my mom is still here too, she would be happy to meet you." Hunter says pulling me into his side. I feel like melting into him with all of the warmth he is giving off.

As we walk to his kitchen I continue to stay as close to him as possible. I feel so lucky to of met him...I don't know how I got so lucky but the universe sort of owed me in a way. As we got closer and closer to the kitchen I could hear pots and plates being clanked around, which I assume is his mother.

"Why don't you just stand out here while I go talk to her for a second and explain whats happening." he said looking down at me. He pecks me on the cheek and disappeared through a doorway. Not but five minutes later he reappears and takes my hand again.

"Mom, this is Jessica. Jessica Blake. Jesse, this is my mom."

"Oh, it is so nice to meet you! Hunter has talked so much about you and has told me everything! You are welcome to stay here while your father is away!" his mother says as she pulls me into a hug. It wasn't at all what I expected to come out of her mouth but it will work...I guess. "Now, why don't ya'll just come on and sit down. We have bacon, eggs, toast, and some orange juice for you to eat."

Slowly Hunter pulls me to the table and we take a seat right next to each other. I notice as Hunter quickly slides his seat closer to mine in order for use to be closer together. Hunter makes a quick glance at me with a smile before digging into all the food laid out in front of us.

Doing the same, I begin to pile my plate a mile high with all the different food. After my plate is full I then begin to eat as if my life depended on it. From where Hunter is sitting I can hear a small laugh and I look over to see that he is just watching me, which of course makes me blush and slow my eating pace just a little.

"Well, arn't you just a big eater!" Hunter's mom says as she takes a sip of her orange juice and smiles. This makes me eat even slower which gives me a little more time to savor each bite. As I eat I examine Hunter's mom. She is a medium sized woman with beautiful brown hair where I am guessing Hunter gets his from. She has small patches of freckles on her face and her eyes are a beautiful honey color. As a whole she is a beautiful woman which is probably why Hunter is such a looker.

Looking over at him he is biting into some toast with jelly on it and just at that moment some jelly goes sliding of the edge and right onto his shirt. Thinking no one saw he quickly tried licking it off until he caught my eyes. Slowly his cheeks begin to redden which made me laugh. He grabbed a napkin and wiped his mouth and shirt before taking a long drink of orange juice without braking his gaze with me.

"Well, I guess I better get going! Someone needs to be there to open up the store! It was lovely meeting you Jessica." Hunter's mom said as she began to clear up her dishes.

"Bye Mom!" Hunter called as she walked out of the kitchen, and just like that we were alone. I waited until I heard the front door close before I spoke to Hunter,

"So, my dad is on a trip?" I said raising my eyebrow at Hunter. All he did was bite into some toast and once again spill jelly onto his shirt.

"I just thought you would like to not talk about that for a while, I mean we can tell her if you want but it would have to be tonight." he said while he wiped the jelly off once again.