Chapter 11

After sailing for a whole night, the sun started to come up. Kanna yawned after sitting up and stretching her body. Once she got out of bed from underneath the boat, she could feel how warm it felt. She started to wander up the stairs to the top of the boat.

When she made it to the top, she instantly gasped after seeing the grassland and all of the people who were in the tribe.

Yuki was at the front. She had just hurled the anchor to prevent the boat from moving so they could easily get off.

"This must be the Aquatian tribes." Kanna walked up towards Yuki whilst still looking around.

Yuki nodded.
"It's not just like this here. There are lands of all kinds!"

Rylo started to stomp up the stairs.
"Why is it so hot? My pillow even heated up! I can't even get my daily rest in! I've been working!"

Kanna and Yuki gave him a sarcastic look.

Rylo looked them up and down.
"Excuse me, sweetie! Am I lying though?"

Kanna rolled her eyes while Yuki laughed.

"Get over yourself, Rylo!" Kanna yelled after pinching his cheek.

"Ouch! What's wrong with speaking the truth? It is hot!"

"But you've been working? I've been working harder than you!"

Yuki looked at both of them.
"Ahem."

They both put an end to what they were doing and looked at the map that Yuki spread out.

"Thank you," Yuki said with a smile. "So, we are on the Eastern side of the Aquatian tribes. The Ama tribe. The Southern is the Opaya tribe. The Western is the Tó tribe. And the Northern is of course the Ni tribe. To get to the Northern side, we'd have to go through the Southern and Western parts."

"I see." Kanna looked at Rylo.

"It's worth a shot." he said after cramming his face with a pear.

Kanna nodded but eventually did a double-take at her brother's shenanigans.

She then snatched the fruit out of his hand.
"Rylo, pay attention! And where did you get that from even?"

"I had it since we left!" He folded his arms.
"Hmph!"

Yuki chuckled and rolled the map up.

"Well guys, let's grab our things and head out!"

Kanna and Rylo nodded.

They grabbed their bags and jumped off of the boat. Villagers were walking around, some carrying baskets and others playing with their children. It was much laughter and happiness.

Kanna just smiled as she looked at the peace. Even if the Dragon Empire was taking over, it was still peaceful. It was something worth smiling for.

Yuki kept glancing at the map figuring out where to go.
Once they got closer to the middle of the village, the people grabbed their children and ran inside. Some of the people even looked out their teepee to see what they would do.
Kanna noticed.

"What's wrong with everyone?" Rylo asked confused.

"Ever since the Azena was killed and the Dragon empire took over, everyone has been frantic and afraid. It's like this almost everywhere. They are only in peace when there are no outsiders on their land." Yuki said.

Rylo looked around feeling bad for everyone.
He then looked towards Kanna just to see that she was gone.

"Wha- Kanna!"

Yuki turned around towards Rylo then they both looked towards Kanna standing on a hill. All the villagers were looking at her out of their windows and some behind bushes or trees.

"Everyone! I am Kanna! I am just journeying to the Ni tribe! I am the new Guardian!"

Everyone gasped and circled her coming from their hiding spots.

She smiled
"I will protect you all. Don't worry."

Some man threw a rock at her shoulder.

"¡Ay (ouch)! Hey!"
She looked at the man who threw the rock.

"Kanna!" Rylo and Yuki yelled, trying to reach her. The crowd was too big for them to make it to her.

"You fool! You're not a Guardian! You're just a child!" The man yelled.

Another person threw a rock at her.
"The Guardians died a long time ago! You won't hurt us this time!"

They all continued to throw rocks at her.

"Kanna!" Rylo yelled reaching for her.

"Everyone stop! Please!" Yuki yelled.

She fell to her knees getting hit by rocks and she closed her eyes tightly.
She then heard a whisper.

Breathe in...
Let it out...

She then calmed down. She breathed in. She stood up slowly.

Rylo and Yuki stopped and watched her.

When she opened her eyes, they glowed in a bright blue and her hair blew in the wind, taking it out of her bun.

"LISTEN TO ME. AND LISTEN WELL. I AM YOUR GUARDIAN. MY NAME IS KANNA. I HAVE BEEN BLESSED WITH THIS POWER FROM THE LAST AQUATIAN GUARDIAN, UMANVI. LIVE NOT IN FEAR BUT REJOICE IN PEACE. THE AZENA HAS RETURNED."

Rylo and Yuki stood befuddled and intrigued. The air that blew was so strong that some villagers fell over.
Her eyes then went back to normal, and she wearily fell on her knees.
"Kanna!" Rylo yelled, pushing people out of his way.
He then got to her and held her in his arms.

"Kanna! Wake up!" Rylo cried.

She slowly opened her eyes.

"What happened?" She asked.

Rylo smiled and hugged his sister.
"I thought I lost you for a second, man! What you did was so cool!"

Yuki ran over.
"It's ok! We are here now!

All the villagers started cheering and some helped to take her to get treated.

She smiled softly and shut her eyes.