~Scarf~

ADRIEN'S POV

It was nearly winter so there was a chilly breeze outside. I glanced outside my window and saw the trees swaying in the wind. I smiled to myself as I realised that i could wear the scarf my father gave me! I quickly shot up from my bed and darted towards my cabinet. I excitedly opened my cabinet and took the scarf off the special hook i displayed it on.

"Jeez kid, this much excitement for just a scarf?" I heard Plagg say behind me. 

"Its not just any scarf, its the scarf my father gifted to me on my birthday!" I replied back as i held the scarf in my hands, feeling its soft, smooth fabric. My father usually gave me a stupid ballpoint pen for my birthday but this year I was overjoyed when he gave me something new. I heard Plagg scoff behind me as he went back to eat his cheese.

As i was enjoying the warmth of the scarf, I felt something a bit hard on my finger tips, i took the scarf into a place where there was more light and saw some writing. I looked closer and saw a signature. "Marinette" it said in a fancy, cursive handwriting. My mind went blank. Marinette made this? Maybe my father requested her to make it.. No he wouldnt do that.. I know him, he doesnt have time to talk to anyone, even me. A frown formed on my lips as i placed the scarf next to me but it was quickly replaced with a small smile. "Marinette.." i thought to myself. It was so much like her that she could make a exquisite scarf like this. A silly smile formed on my lips as i thought about her.. She was so amazing.. I widened my eyes and turned red. Shes just a friend i cant think about her like that! i like ladybug anyway...Now I wanted to ask her why she didnt tell me she made it when i told her my father gifted me it.. 

I took the scarf and wrapped it around my neck with a grin planted on my face. 

"Come on Plagg we have some unfinished business " I said as i gestured him into my white buttonup shirt. He gave me an annoyed look as he flew into my shirt.

I walked out of my room with a permanent smile planted on my face. I adjusted the scarf and quietly tiptoed down the stairs. Surprisingly Gorilla nor Nathalie were there. I then very silently slipped out the front door. 

I found myself walking to the Boulangerie Patisserie bakery (The Dupain-Cheng bakery if you didnt know). The air felt cold on my face but i didnt care, I wanted to speak to Marinette.

As i reached the bakery, i felt nervous for some reason but i pushed that feeling aside and pushed open the door. As I stepped in I was greeted with a warm gust of wind on my face and the smell of various delicious treats. I glanced at the cashier desk and saw Marinette's parents, they were incredibly nice people and treated me very well. I walked up to them and greeted them. "Good afternoon Mrs cheng and Mr dupain" I said with a bigger smile than before. "Oh hello Adrien! Good afternoon to you too!" Marinette's mother said with a warm smile, she reminded me of my mother.. Oh how i miss her. Marinette's father brushed his hands on his apron and approached me with a smile and nod. Mrs Cheng walked up to me and placed her hand on my shoulder. I looked at her with a puzzled look. "Oh dear.. you must be cold. Please come up, i will make you something warm to drink.." she said with a worried tone. I was suprised by her words but smiled. "You dont have to miss.. its fine" i replied. Even though i felt cold and wanted to go up and wanted to drink whatever tasty drink she would whip up, i had to put my manners infront of me. "I insist" she said with a firm but loving tone. I sighed and smiled. "Okay if you insist.." I said. I wanted to meet Marinette anyway, this could make it less awkward. She gave me a loving smile and told me to follow her. I nodded with a grin and followed behind her. As we walked up the stairs i told her why i came and she smiled she then talked about how the bakery was doing, i listened carefully and nodded and gave some recommendations. 

We reached the house flat and i entered, their living room was very well decorated there were dark oak overlapping rectangles for the flooring, in the middle of the flat was a pale pink corner couch with a small white table in front of it. I looked around in awe, quietly observing everything in the room. Marinette's mom looked at me and laughed quietly. My face went red from embarrassment and i chuckled nervously. She told me to sit down on the sofa and told me as grin crept onto her face "Ill call Marinette down.. or would you rather talk to her privately?" she said with a tone i couldnt quite catch. "Any would be fine but i would rather talk to her privately.." I replied. "I'll go tell Marinette that you came to talk to her" she said with a comforting smile. "Thank you for everything, Mrs cheng" i said as i smiled back. As she walked up the stairs to where i assumed Marinette's room was, she stopped and turned towards me "Please call me Sabine" she said as she disappeared into Marinette's room.

I was now left in thought. "Why didnt Marinette tell me?" was the only thing circling my mind. I zoned out but my trance was broken as i heard running from above and the sounds of papers being ripped off. Plagg flew out my pocket and whined about how he wanted cheese, i sighed silently and shook my head as i took out a piece of camembert from my pocket and tossed it to him. He ate the camembert in one bite and quickly flew back into my shirt. After a while, Mrs cheng came down and told me that Marinette was waiting for me up. I smiled and stood up and walked up the stairs.

I opened the hatch slightly and peeked into Marinette's room, I saw her, her shiny blue hair pulled back into neat pigtails, her black jacket with her rolled up sleeves, her petite figure.. I shook my head as i turned red and mentally scolded myself. As i lifted the hatch a bit higher i saw her talking to herself and making silly hand expressions. I tried to not laugh but failed. I immediately got quiet as i saw her turning towards me bright red. "O-oh hi Adrimine i mean u-uh Adrien!" she said nervously, which i found pretty cute. Wait what? What is wrong with me today.. "P-please come in.." she said quietly. I smiled and walked in.

THIRD PERSON POV

Marinette noticed he was wearing the scarf and smiled to herself." U-uh so mamon told me t-that you wanted to talk?" Marinette said softly. "Yea.. i wanted to talk to you about something" Adrien replied with a smile. The tension between them was awkward, Marinette stared at him dreamily but quickly broke out of her trance. "Silly me, im so sorry.. P-please sit down" she said quickly and gestured him to sit next to her . "No worries.." he said and sat down next to her. Marinette's eyes locked onto the person next to her she glared at his shiny blonde hair, perfect nose and his lips.. "So.." Adrien said as he looked at her. Their eyes met, electric green to bluebell blue. Marinette turned red and Adrien's cheeks flushed. Adrien then looked away and took off his scarf and held it carefully in between his hands.

"This scarf.. you know it was gifted to me on my birthday by my father" Adrien said quietly. Marinette nodded curiously, her cheeks still dusted pink. He turned the scarf over which revealed her signature. Marinette froze. "You made this scarf right?.." he said swiftly and turned his head to face her. Her eyes widened as she fidgeted with her fingers and mumbled a yes. "Why didnt you tell me?.." He said as he set the scarf next to him and looked into her eyes. She felt her face heating up. She sighed and looked away "Well i didnt tell you because...you seemed so happy in the thought that your father gave you it, i didnt want to spoil your happiness.." she mumbled as she stared at the floor.

Adrien smiled to himself as he looked at Marinette. "She cares about my happiness so much.." he thought to himself, his cheeks now pink.

As Marinette sighed and looked at him with sorrow in her eyes, she tried to say something but was pulled into a tight hug by Adrien. "Thank you so much Marinette.." he whispered into her ear as he hugged her tighter. A shiver went down her spine when he whispered into her ear, but she smiled warmly then hugged him back. The world stopped around them, both their hearts were pounding in their chest rapidly, a comforting silence settled in between them until Marinette whispered

"Your welcome..."

/////////////////////////////////////////////

WELL THAT WAS A LONG ONE! MORE THEN 1500 WORD DAMN.. anywhos this is the first time im writing a fanfiction! i hope you liked it :) lmk any recommendations you want for chapters! 

A new oneshot chapter coming out tomorrow :D

Have a good day or night!!!