Chapter Zero | Prologue

"And the Tech Start-Up of the year goes to UpTech Ltd."

A round of applause filled the entire room. But amongst them there was this one genuine smile that stood out like anything else.

"Avani Aggarwal, CTO UpTech Ltd., congratulations," the host announced and that girl with that genuine smile approached towards the stage. All the eyes were on her.

It was her moment and everyone was living in that.

"Would you like to say a few words Ms. Avani?"

"Yeah sure, so first of all thanks for this award sincerely from the entire team of UpTech. It's incredible how we started from a team of 5 and now here we are receiving the start-up of the year award. I am grateful to each and everyone involved in our journey. Thank you."

It was the Annual Honorary Business Awards. All the top business empire owners and start-up owners were present.

The business world has two main players - Aggarwals and Malhotras but unlike general cases, these two competitors are just competitors on paper but really close friends from heart.

"I am so proud of you my daughter," Avani's father said with all his pride.

"Oh Mr. Aggarwal, she even makes us proud," joined Mr. Abhish Malhotra.

"Thank you Pa and thank you Mr. Malhotra." Avani said while giving her pure smile.

"Don't call me Mr. Malhotra beta...."

"It's an official event so I don't think so it'll appropriate to call you otherwise."

Avani's phone started ringing. "I'm sorry, excuse me."

Avani's POV:

I came out of the award function. It was already over, just the after party was happening inside.

I saw Suyash's several missed calls on my phone. I got a little scared thinking what if it's something serious.

- "Hey babe finally you picked up the phone, do you even know how many times I have called you?"

- "I have already told you na that I'll be in an award function. How can pick up while I was receiving the award Suyash"

- "You received an award OMG!! Congratulations Jaan... Where are you right now? Let's have a mini party na"

- "Umm Suyash I don't think so I can leave soon but umm maybe 2 more hours. You know na my dad and Malhotra uncle, they'll never allow me to leave"

- "It's ok babes, you can party tomorrow na, not a big deal... Waise I have a surprise for you and I'll be giving it to you really soon like really soon love."

- "Wait what surprise?"

- "Let's see what surprise, but I'm sure that you'll love it my love"

- "We've been dating for 6 years Suyash, you definitely know me really well"

My dad, Surya Aggarwal, called me from behind, signaling me to come towards him and meet all his guests.

- "Umm Suyash let's talk later, Pa's calling me ASAP. Bye, I love you"

- "Love you too"

After hanging up the call I stayed there for 5 more seconds, thinking about Suyash's surprise. What could it be? Proposal maybe. It isn't impossible, I mean we have been dating for 6 years now and we have seen each other's lowest and highest point. I love him so much. I highly doubt I can ever fall in love with anyone else if he leaves me.

What the hell are you even thinking Avani, he loves you so much why the hell will he leave you!!!

I quickly embraced myself and as soon as I turned around, my face collided with a hard chest.