Jake

"Jake, please darling, we'll give you a better role later." The teacher assured him. Jake looked at the other boy. The boy was also looking at him in a way that Jake had to take deep breaths to pull away from the trance. 

Twelve year old Jake, didn't know what to do. "Okay.." he muttered softly. Teacher softly plucked the script paper from him. It was a Christmas celebration in his school and Jake volunteered to be Angel Gabriel,  surprisingly the teacher said yes. The teacher never appreciated him much. He memorized each and every line by heart.

Jake thought he was hard to love. That's what twelve year old Jake thought. His unique interest in physics made kids stay away from him. Jake was an extremely nerdy, clean freak and his demeanor was odd. Jake didn't say anything about his role being given away. He silently moved to his seat. 

Years passed by, eight years moving like a flash of light. Jake was doing his third year of engineering, his life becoming more stressful, more burden. His parents told him to take it, but he didn't like computer science. Not even a bit. Numerous friendship breakups, no romantic relationships and his life was dry as ever. He lived to please people. He did assignments, projects throughout his three years. 

When he was busy with his own coding, squeezing his brain where he went wrong, he buried his face in his palms and let out a low groan in the silent library. 

"Jake?" A chill frost voice erupted, he jerked his head up. Cool gray eyes, porcelain skin, chapped pink lips, freckled cheeks. "Hi.. I'm Y/n.. I'm in the same class as you..if you've noticed." You lent your hand for a shake and he took the handshake. "Ye-yeah, please sit." 

He blamed himself why he stuttered so much. Jake was always intimidated by you. He heard about how less you talked and when he stole a few glances at you, only to see you listening to class or sleeping. You never ever talked to people except Sunghoon and Jay, who were the same age and class as him.

 "Sorry.. If I ever disturbed you." You mutter and that took Jake by surprise. "N-no, it's fine." Jake said back. 

"I…um, just need some help in physics, can you teach me a few numericals?" Jake was even more surprised. "Please, I know it's weird that we never talked, but you're the best in physics in our class, that's why I asked you. Please help me or else I'll fail."

Jake gulped. He didn't hide his pride which was blooming all over his chest. Faint pink tinted his cheeks at the compliment. "Thank you- I- Yes. I'll t-teach you." He said and you smiled. "Thank you so much, Jake. " You said and waved goodbye to him. 

"Jake ! I GOT AN A !" You screamed through the hallway, students cursing you for bleeding their eardrums. Jake smiled at you, his heart beaming with pride. You jumped into his arms, making the poor boy startled. Jake did change, so did you. He was more open to you and vice versa. 

You introduced him to Sunghoon and Jay who became good friends with him. Jake profusely blushed when you held his cheeks and squashed him, thanking him for his tutoring. 

"Monkey, leave him, let the boy breathe." Jay scolded, separated him from you. "Good job, Y/n." Jake muttered softly. "Treat is on me!" You said and pulled Jay and Jake with your hands, making Sunghoon grumble about leaving him behind.

Jake never felt like this before. You always sent him good morning texts and wished him a good day. He never got much love and affection from a single person. You appreciate him for little things. Took candid pictures of him, included him in everything. 

And that was the one feeling Jake longed for. Despite your cold and reserved personality, you were kind and Jake wished to reach the dark ambers of your soul which was yet to be discovered. 

"Okay, that's a wrap!" You say and close your textbook making Jake shake his head. Studying physics in your room was miserable. "You did only three numericals." "It took forty five minutes!" You justified and he simply shook his head. "If you don't work hard, You'll get an F." You rolled your eyes. 

"I'm tutored by Jaeyum Sim, I'm sure I won't." His brain went haywire when you called him by his birth name. He blushed and his face against his hands. You laughed at his cute reaction. You took many photos on your phone with him blushing. 

After the laughter died out, he calmed himself down. The soft sound of rain enveloped the room and you looked over the window to see gray skies. You noticed a somewhat anxious expression on his face. He chewed on his bottom lip as he searched for something in the gloomy skies. 

A loud thunder roared upon the sky and Jake shrieked, plugging his ears. You noticed he was visibly shivering. You moved towards him fast and enveloped in a warm hug. "Jake, calm down. It's okay." You said and stroked his back. Another thunder ripped and he jerked against you. 

Jake didn't cry but he was close to. He can feel his heart thumping all over his body, the loud noise scaring him. He never let anyone see this side, but everything happened too fast. He tried hard not to lose composure. He focused on your touch and voice. 

When the thunder died down and rain reduced to drizzles, he calmed down. He broke from your embrace. He wiped the sweat formed in his forehead. He let out an exhale. "You okay?" You ask and he nods. "I- um, s-sorry." Jake said and you shook your head. "No, Jake. You don't have to be sorry, okay?" You shot a smile at him.

"Get ready, I'll walk you home." Jake nodded, forcing himself to pack his things despite his limbs being numb. Both of you silently moved out of your house. Jake's house was five minutes away, thankfully. 

You pushed an airpod onto his ear and held his hand, making sure he has finally calmed down. Jake breathed, focused on your hand's grip against his. When music started playing, he felt his heart leaping. 

Cinnamon in my teeth

From your kiss

You're touching me

All the pills that you did

Violet, blue, green, red to keep me

At arm's length don't work

You try to push me out

But I just find my way back in

Violet, blue, green, red to keep me out

I win

There's things I wanna say to you

But I'll just let you live

Like if you hold me without hurting me

You'll be the first who ever did

There's things I wanna talk about

But better not to give

But if you hold me without hurting me

You'll be the first who ever did

Ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah

Hold me, love me, touch me, honey

Be the first who ever did

Ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah

Hold me, love me, touch me, honey

Be the first who ever did

Jake was interrupted by you, tapping his shoulder. He removed the airpods and handed them over to you. "There, now. Sleep well, relax and we'll all. We'll see tomorrow" you said and Jake stepped closer. He hugged you, arms circling his waist. You were taken aback but still hugged him back.

"Aww Jake.." you muttered and stroked his hair. Jake pulled away after a two minutes, holding you by your waist. He stepped forward and dipped his head low and his lips grazed over yours. Your jerked at the soft feeling, but moved forward to meet his. 

You initiated the kiss, cupping his cheeks. His grip tightened and he savoured every minute of it. Your lips on his, his hands over your waist, everything. He pulled away and you breathed. You loved him, it was no doubt. The stolen glances, little touches everything meant to you. 

"You are my cinnamon girl." He said and you chuckled, agreeing with him. 

When you're by his side, you're never leaving him.