mystery

With the break of dawn, Bert went on a reconnaissance tour of the area in search of anything edible. He left the mill and headed towards the river, where he found remnants of a campfire on one side. He checked the ashes and found them still warm, realizing that whoever was here must be nearby.

He quickly returned to the mill and woke up Hood and Lana, and the three of them headed south towards Hula.

- Bert: Isn't this the same place where we found the body yesterday, Lana?

- Lana: Yes, I'm sure of it.

- Bert: Strange, where is the old man's body?

- Lana: I don't know, don't bother me anymore. Maybe a lion or a wolf took it to its den during the night.

- Hood: Look, there are two horses approaching us!

- Bert: Hurry, let's hide.

- Lana: Don't worry, it's my brother Nile. I recognize his horse.

(Nile Libert: Lana's brother and the eldest son of the village leader, Shidar Libert, making him the rightful heir to the leadership of Hula village.)

- Bert: So, that means they are looking for us. It seems we've caused them quite a worry.

Nile approached them.

- Nile: Mount up for now. We'll talk later.

The four of them arrived in the village of Hula, where they were greeted by their elder, Shidar. They recounted what they had experienced.

- Shidar: Starting from tonight, the night guards will be significantly reinforced.

- Nile: What if the leader of Constantine wants to expand southward?

- Shidar: I know Lady Nsumer well (the ruler of the Constantine region). She's an old friend of mine, and she would never do me harm.

- Nile: That's reassuring, then.

A deep sense of unease showed on Numidia's face upon hearing that Constantine forces had reached the Forest of Fura and depleted its timber, but she tried to conceal her distress by embracing her sons, Hood and Bert. However, Bert noticed her demeanor.

- Shidar: I believe I made myself clear. The young ones have one task, which is to repair the seven bridges. Let the adults handle the wood gathering. Is that understood, Numidia?

- Numidia: Yes, sir.

{Two weeks later}

- Hood: This rock doesn't budge even an inch. Where is Nile, Lana?

- Lana: After that incident, my brother was assigned as the main wood gatherer. He headed south towards the village of Sinar. Anyway, what do you want from him?

- Hood: It's obvious, you fool. I want him to help me carry this rock.

- Lana: Stay away, weakling, and watch how this rock flies in the sky...

Meanwhile, a village guard rushed to the leader, Shidar.

- Guard: I spotted a large army coming from the north directly towards us.

- Shidar: How did their military attire look?

- Guard: White, sir!

- Shidar: The forces of Constantine are the ones who wear white attire. I wonder what Lady Nesomer wants with us.

- Guard: I don't think that massive army brings good intentions...