SLAVE IN MY CASTLE

My entire life I had been wondering what my life would have been if I still had a mother. My life took a great turn since the death of my mother. Before her death, my dad, mum and I as far as I could remember lived a peaceful life. My parents loved each other alot and they ensured I never lacked anything. This went on until I was thirteen when my mother found out my father had been cheating or so she thought until she actually found out that he had a family before he got married to her. She also had a daughter just like my mother just that the girl was two years older than I am. This really brought my mum's world crumbling down which resulted into a brain disorder and also a weak heart which lead to her early death. Thoughts of the old times always brings me to fresh tears cause I no longer have a mother nor a loving father. I stay with my stepmother, her daughter and my dad although, he is never around only during Christmas or business. I have now become a slave in the house . My stepmother [Cynthia] fired her housemaid and made me do all the chores and still collects the money meant for the housekeeper for herself and her daughter from her husband my dad. Although I don't call him that any longer since last year when my stepmother was really angry at me for breaking a plate and revealed the whole truth behind the reason why Hopper [my dad] got married to my mum was just because of the inheritance my mother never knew she inherited from her parents. This really shook me and it had an impact on my studies as I had a C in my exam which had never occurred. I am eighteen now. I just finished high school but my stepmother is really bent on not sending me to the university. I talked to Hopper about it but he just ignored me and behaves as tho I don't exist. If it is for me to work in order to further my education it is nothing as it was what I did just to graduate from high school. My story begins now. My name is Kassie and I am a slave in my own castle.