VIII.Hex&Co

Dylan ran over to me, or us?

"Hey!" He wrapped his arms around me like we'd known each other for years.

"Hi" I'm so confused at the coincidence that his mother helped me find the park.

"Oh you know Caroline I just met her. Anyway here is your phone charger!" She scurries off with Kate quickly.

A couple seconds go by and I break the silence. "That's your mom? She's nice."

"Yea she's pretty chill but how do you know her?" He grabs my shoulder and directs us the street.

"She helped me get here!" I laugh.

...

After walking for a bit we get to a place called Hex&Co.

"What is this place?" I ask.

He opens the door, "it's a board game cafe. My mom takes us here."

We sat down with a tray of fries and he lets me pick out the game.

"My favorite!" I say, pulling Uno.

"Uno? That's all you got?" He jokes.

"It's the only game my dad ever bought us. Well the only game me and my sister Zahara don't fight over." I let out a small laugh.

We sit there for what felt like hours. We played many games which I won most of.

"You always this bad at board games?" I ask as we walk down the sidewalk.

"I was a bit distracted," he smiles, "how long are you here for? I could show you around more."

"Just today and tomorrow, the friend I brought has to get back."

We stop.

"I have one more place to take you," he points across the street, "you listen to Dominoes Fike right?"

We run across to a book store.

"Yes but what does a book store have to do with his music?" I question.

He opens the door, letting me walk in first. "There's an authentic colored vinyl of What Could Possibly Go Wrong that I wanted to get for you."

After leaving the store he walks me to my hotel.

Stopping at the door he hands me the bag from the store.

"This was really fun thank you, Dylan" I take a deep breath.

"If you ever come back to the city you should actually hit me up this time!" He jokes, "and you're welcome."

He kisses my cheek and I walk inside.

Xochitl is already asleep so I plot down on the bed smiling.