Prologue

Hello everyone :)

I would like to say that I have started this book off with a "prologue" because I originally had a very different idea for this first chapter. It was going to be a completely different storyline, but I started to crave an exciting vampire love story and-- well-- here we are. 

So, while this first part isn't entirely necessary to read, I would appreciate it if you do, as I am very proud of its concept :)

So just buckle up, and I promise all you horny lil internet hoes will get your thrilling romance fill soon enough, so sit back and enjoy! 

*Also, for now I have added just a few photos for some of the main characters; I'm hoping to add more and flesh it out a bit more to wattpad's taste later on :)*

~~~

Lora:

Malakai:

Malakai:

Natalie:

Natalie:

~~~

And then the soul moved on.

It wisped away, the mist clinging to its essence trailing and dipping in the wind like a sail, steering it ever onward. It was in search of something new, now. Something worth seeing.

It swung past hearts entwined, past broken beings holding shards of themselves in bleeding hands. It stopped, for a moment, and pondered those things, waiting for them to knit back together, but in the end that was not what it wanted. No, it wanted something more, something that would fill it to the brim with roiling emotion that could not be contained by skin.

And so it continued.

Winding down streets, through realities like punching a pencil through paper, and it watched as iridescent lights swayed in the breeze of space and time as it mingled with life. The soul passed through one particularly warm reality, and it sat for a moment, bobbing up and down in the sunlight to feel its rays pass in and through its form. This was good, yes, but the soul had already felt this feeling before, and had particularly grown tired of it.

And so it continued. It flitted through a few more of these experiences whose feeling had been leached of color, until it passed- then reeled back, stopped- at a realm of cold.

But it wasn't cold like this soul had felt before, it was a sort of cold that would not only bite at your skin but at your heart, and so the soul felt this was as good a place as any to find a new life. The right life. It began to wind its way through aggressive mountains, through depthless oceans and shadowed forests, until it reached a city that glared at the soul with palpable contempt. You are not allowed, it seemed to growl. There are enough here already. We don't want you. But the soul glared right back. I am wanted by myself, it said, and so I shall stay.

So the soul stayed. It waited to find the right one, it really did, and this was hard for the soul, as it was quite impatient and shook with excitement. It wound around lamp posts and danced under shop lights, until a tug pulled at it like a dog on a leash, and all it could do was obey and race to its home.

It zipped past trees held in a grip of cement, and it felt their roots crying to be freed. But it had no time, no time at all, and so it went. Then it passed a building with a large Red Cross, the words "Blood drive today!" written in blinking letters, and it wanted to explore, but it had no time, and so it went.

Many more buildings stuffed into gaps of other buildings passed, looking like a sandwich packed too full, but finally this world slowed from its blur and came into startling clarity, the brick house sitting next to a yard of other brick houses, a colony of sad brick ants.

But this one in particular.

With the green shutters on the windows and the abundance of plants that seemed to sprout from the cracks in the brick, the soul knew with all of its being that it had found the one. For not only was this house different from the others with its verdant touch, but it was different for one girl in particular that was inhabiting its crumbling walls.

There, in the top left window, yellow light poured from the room and shone like a beacon in the dreary atmosphere of this realm. The stifling air was no match for her soul, for her soul that was finally going to be made whole. The soul had found its final home, the one that fit just right and left enough room to breathe.

And so, the soul moved in.