Chapter 1; New Start

Narrator's POV

You tapped on the steering wheel with each beat that the song that you were playing in your car, humming, and following the gps. Your music was abruptly interrupted by the sound of the recognizing ringtone you had for your older sister. You smiled as you glanced at the ID caller popping up on the screen to your car. "Heeeyy." You answered. "Y/N/N! (Your nickname.)" Daejoon calls you by your childhood nickname. "God, I haven't heard that nickname in forever." You smiled. "Anywaaaaays, how is my baby sister doing?" Daejoon asks. "Driving." You chuckled. "Still?!" Daejoon gasps. "Well, yeah? I kept having to get gas, eat, and rest a bit." You shook your head, keeping your eyes on the foggy road. "Yikes, sure is foggy out." You squinted. "Well stay safe, stop if you have to Y/N." Your sister was always protective over you. Daejoon is 10 years older than you, always caring for you. Even when your parents had time with you both, Daejoon always acted like a mom for you.

You both never grew up in a bad household, always had a loving family. In school, you had lots of friends who loves and adored you and your sister. Both of your parents are still alive now still, of course. They're just getting a little older. Your mom worked as an painter, selling her artwork. As for your dad, he worked as a coach in the high school you went to. You and Daejoon played in sports and joined clubs. Daejoon was in tennis and volleyball, you decided to take art classes and was on a swim team. Daejoon ended up with her high school sweetheart who you also saw as an older brother. Daejoon is now married with two twin boys who you adore very much. They love you as much too! You, ended up in a relationship with a guy who was at a café, how cliché right? But people will always say, "never judge a book by its cover." Which is true! Some people will be as sweet an innocent on the outside then be a horrendous monster on the inside.

"Hey, Dae? I'm here." You spoke as you turned onto the gravelly driveway. A gate with a pass code was farther ahead, and what it seemed like the cabin house you were moving into was just ahead. You stopped in the front of the other smaller cabin house and parked. "I'm about to hang up—" "Hey wait!" Daejoon stopped you from hanging up. "Yeah, what's up?" You stared at the minutes of you and her being on call which was 20 minutes because you both were literally talking the entire time. "Has—" Daejoon sighed before continuing what she was gonna say. "Has he called or had any contact with you at all?" She asks worriedly. You knew who it was about, and sighed deeply. "No, thankfully. Has he came over and spoke to you?" You then asked. "No! God no. Not since... you know." Daejoon didn't wanna say it, not wanting you to go through the PTSD from it. "Good, good. I know a fact that Min Jun wouldn't allow it!" Daejoon tried laughing it off with you. You both said your goodbyes and loves to each other before hanging up.

You switched your car off, and leaned forward. Your forehead touching the cold steering wheel. You closed your eyes, flashing of fire and screaming entered your memories once again. Your ex boyfriend, who you thought you were gonna love forever and live a happy life with ended up being a monster. You fell in love with him after a couple of months of him taking you out on dates. You thought it was a great idea to have this man move in with you! Your parents never liked him because he was disrespectful, yes...he was and once you threatened to leave him. He became this cruel animal, and beat you. He wouldn't threaten to kill you, but he'd threaten to kill your family. You were stuck with staying with the man, who ended up ignoring you, and cheated on you. You thought you were free, that's when you made a mistake of leaving. This man ended up setting your house on fire! With everything you owned besides your clothes. You remember screaming and having to live with Daejoon. After cops arrested him, you stayed with Daejoon for around 6 months until you changed your mind to move out of the city. Your sister never wanted you to move, neither did her family out of your well being.