Day 1: Hunted

*Sabre's POV*

I'm running through the forest, dodging and weaving through the trees. I can hear the darkness crashing though the bushes behind me. Why did I have to get split up from the others? 

I can't even use the command block at the moment because if I type in the wrong command while running, I'll still be stuck here and I won't be able to run anymore.

Finally, I spot a cave. There should be somewhere I can hide in there until the darkness leaves. I dash into the cave and quickly duck behind some dripstone. Hopefully, the darkness didn't see me come in here.

Bad news, it did. The darkness that was chasing me padded into the cave looking around quietly like a how creeper would sneak up on you. 

After a sweep of the cave, it started backing up towards the entrance. I let out a sigh of relief about managing to get away so easily. Unfortunately, it seems it was too easy as the darkness let out a screech and scrambled back into the cave.

Well, now it knows I'm here. Great job, Sabre. Great job...

It's looking carefully behind every pillar now and I realise it will eventually find me. I sigh, mentally this time, and get out the command block. I have one shot at this, do not mess up.

I turn the command block to the side with the console and quickly start typing in the command. The darkness screeches again. It probably heard me typing, which just makes me type faster. Finally, I manage to type in what I think is the right command:

/tp minecraft:rainbow_steve

Let's hope haven't absolutely screwed this up. I'm about to press the button that activates it when I feel something drip on my head. I look up to see the darkness towering over me.

"Oh, hi..."

The darkness growls in response and gets ready to lunge at me.

"...and bye!"

I hit the button and the command block activates. I feel my energy drain away and feed the command and feel reality shift around me. Eventually, the light shifts back into a forest and gravity remembers I exist and I fall onto something that makes an Oof sound.

"What the- Sabre?"

Oh thank the sky people for that!

I use what little energy I have left to roll off of Rainbow Steve, before just lying on the ground and closing my eyes.

"Sabre, are you alright?" 

I struggle to open my eyes again but I eventually manage to. Rainbow Steve is now kneeling  down next to me, checking me over for any obvious wounds. I can't muster up the energy to speak so I wait for him to focus on my face before giving a small nod and gesturing to the command block. Realisation and sympathy light up in his eyes.

"You used the command block so now your exhausted."

I nod again to convey the fact that's pretty much what happened. He sighs and carefully picks me and the command block up.

"Let's get you back to the hub to rest up and you can tell me what happened later. I'm just glad your safe buddy."

I barely hear the last sentence as the arms of exhaustion take me away into the realm of sleep.

============

Hey, Lyra here, with the first one shot in response to LoneRanger's Chromatober!

Sorry, if the ending went a little of track, the main part of the prompt is the beginning with Sabre being hunted by the darkness.

This is my CommandBlockAU: An AU where Sabre comes to Rainbow Quest with a command block. The reason Sabre is so tired after using it is that the command block needs energy to complete the command typed in so it just takes it from Sabre.

Hope you enjoyed reading!

Lyra, signing out!