𝕴𝖈𝖊𝖞 𝕿𝖆𝖑𝖔𝖓𝖘 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖒 𝕾𝖈𝖆𝖑𝖊𝖘

Fair warning, dear reader! This chapter contains slight gore and swearing!

W i n t e r POV:

Qibli, noticing that I had his tail wrapped around my own, gave a sigh. "You okay?" I asked him quietly. "Y-Yeah...I-I..I'm fine.." Qibli trailed off. I looked at him. Qibli looked awfully scared compared to the rest of class.

After class, we had free period. I glanced

 at Qibli again, observing him. He had a golden piercing with a small amber on it, a small packet of something and caramel eyes..

As much as I hated to admit it, I honestly enjoyed his presence. His eyes went really well with his scales, honestly..

Something about him made me feel oddly calm as I watched him write things down on the scroll. "What are you studying for? An exam?" I asked the sandy-gold dragon. He looked up. "Oh..just geting extra notes in.." He trailed off.

I continued observing him for a while. It was kind of odd to do, really. I don't know what it was, but something...something made me like him. After free period, I went down to the prey center while he went to the library, a bookworm, I swear. I thought while I ate a small sheep. I headed back to my cave when I ran into Qibli coming back with a couple books. I caught the books and gave them to him. "Best watch where your going, bookworm." I muttered. Qibli slipped past me and headed towards the cave. I followed. And when I got in, I saw him lying on his platform, book open.

God damn it. Why is he so DAMN CUTE AAAUGH.

Because you like him?

WHO IN THE SNOW SPIRITS ARE YOU?!

Your thoughts, Jackass.

Huh?

Try talking to him. He seems mentally unstable.

NO. I AM NOT TALKING TO AN ADORABLE AND SHY SANDWING-

See? You think he is cute.

DO NOT-

Yeah, you do. Now shut up and go talk to him.

I sighed, and lay down. "I'm going to sleep for a bit. Wake me up when it's nearly time to get to class." I told Qibli.

"Okay. Get a good sleep.." His words trailed off as I fell into the world of slumber.

Q I B L I'S POV:

I shook quite violently as Winter wrapped his tail around mine, trying to..comfort me?

I sighed. "You okay?" Winter asked. "Y-yeah..I-I'm fine.." I trailed off as I continued writing notes on the scroll.

Winter kept glancing at me, trying to figure me out. I gave him a small glance and sighed again. He decided to go to the prey center while I went to the library to stock up on books. I ran into him while I was heading back, and the two books slipped from my grasp. He grabbed them and gave them to me, saying: "Best watch it, Bookworm." I slipped by him and got into the cave. I climbed up and lay down, propping open a book. Winter came in a bit later, looking tired. "I'm going to sleep. Wake me up when next class is soon." He growled. "Okay..get a good rest.." I murmured. After a while, I woke him up and got to class. He glanced at me and I put my snout down, looking sad. "What's wrong?" Winter asked me, concerned.

"It's...nothing.." I said sadly. Winter ran a talon over my mane. "Tell me." He whispered. "It's..nothing." I said again. But he continued to put pressure on me, then, I cracked. "I..I have been having nightterrors for the past three days..and they seem so real.." I said sadly again. Winter put his wings around me. "I'm here. don't let the thoughts get you, okay?" He whispered in my ear. I sighed and collapsed into his talons, feeling unsafe. "I-I just- I can't handle it anymore...after what happened with Darkstalker and-" I sobbed even harder. "A-And in my nighterrors I get tortured and stabbed and-" Winter held me close to his chest, silencing me and trying to comfort me. I cried slightly as he held me in his wings. "D-Darkstalker isn't around anymore, okay?" Winter barely said.

W i n t e r s POV

It shattered me to see Qibli broken like this. I held him in my wings, trying to comfort him. Poor Qibli.. I thought as I held him against my chest. I put my snout on his neck, a sigh releasing from my snout. "I..I-I don't feel safe here, W-Winter..I don't even have a mother at this point.." Qibli sobbed. He then broke down in even harder sobbing. Kinkajou walked in and saw Qibli in my wings. "Oh! Uh..what's wrong?" She asked in a VERY ANNOYING VOICE. I wanted to tear off her snout and feed her to the walruses, but I answered her question. "Qibli...has had some awful nightterrors. That's all." She looked at him. "So why is he in your wings?" She said devilishly. "I am simply helping him get over it." I said calmly. She left our- no, MY cave. I lay Qibli down on the rug and lay with him. "You'll be okay. I'm here.." I trailed as I fell asleep.

Q I B L I - POV

I stayed in his beautifully cold wings, hoping I could stay in them forever..

"I-I..I just can't handle it anymore..with the Darkstalker incident a-and my nightterrors-" I stuttered. I lay quietly and silently in Winter's wings, hoping I could sleep without being tormented by the nightterrrors. I finally slept in peace for once, alongside Winter...

I found myself back in Darkstalker's cave, chained to the floor and unable to speak. "Well, What do we have here? The dragonet who tried to stop me, of course." A deep, terrifying voice boomed. "P-Please Darkstalker..I didn't want to hurt you at all.." I managed to say. "Well then. Rip out your tongue." Darkstalker flicked a talon, and I couldn't stop myself from reaching up to my snout..I pryed it open a-and RIPPED MY OWN TONGUE out, Blood splattering the floor. I shrieked as the pain rippled across my body and my tongue slid across the floor. "How sad. Well..." Darkstalker mused. "N-No..Darkstalker..Please.." I barely managed to say again. "Go on, rip yourself apart." Darkstalker laughed. I reached for my stomach.. I couldn't stop myself as my claws pierced my stomach. I started shrieking again as my own claws ripped out my organs-

"QIBLI!" A familiar voice roared in my ear. I was shook back to life as cold talons grabbed my own. "WAKE UP!" The voice roared again.

W I N T E R - POV

I heard Qibli crying in his sleep as he rolled around, tears sliding down his face...

(Sorry I had to end it here. Working on the next page!!)