An Invite to the Ball

Raven P.O.V

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dexter switched the T.V to the news, where a blandly pretty woman was reporting.

"Can you speak Irish?" Asked Dexter

"Tá" (yes) I replied.

"Ok, then." Dexter looked at me. "You look cold."

"My coat was destroyed. It was my favorite. And my only. But favorite first and foremost."

"You only have one jacket?"

"Had."

"Here." he shrugged out of his jacket and threw it to me.

I pulled it on. "Thanks."

"No problem." He said as he threw his arm around me.

We watched the news and eventually I began to doze, with my head resting on his shoulder. I never fell asleep, but he thought I had. He pulled me closer, and I sighed. Most men avoided the sheila with the burned face, but Dexter... didn't seem to mind. It didn't make sense, but for the moment, I could pretend I was any other girl.

One by one the others woke up as the news finished. I looked at the time. It was seven! I counted backward, trying to figure out where the time went. The movie marathon started at nine. Three hours to a movie, at three movies, meant it had gone on till six in the morning. The news went for an hour. So it worked out in my head.

"Didn't take you too long to charm her, did it?" Asked Erskine while the others laughed.

"I'm just impossible for women to resist."

I chuckled.

"Must be dreaming of me." said Fletcher.

"Funny," I replied, "Usually people scream when they have nightmares."

Everyone laughed, and i sat up.

"So, how long are you in town?" Asked Erskine.

"No time limit. My family probably don't want to see me for a couple of months..."

"What happened?"

"They found out about magic." Raven laughed. "I think they are still deciding wether or not I'll melt if someone dumps a bucket of water on me, to be honest."

"You should come to the ball." Valkyrie said.

"Ball?"

"Yeah. The sancurary is holding a ball. You should come."

"A ball with dancing? 'Cause I can't dance. I have all the co-ordination of a Bunyip."

"You can come and not dance."

"OK." Raven agreed brightly.