Chapter 14

(Rhallena pov)

"The first one we should find would be... hmm... let's do an eagle. You've gotten all the birds apart from an eagle. It also helps that we are close to their habitat." Alice says as she walks through the grass with me flying next to her. "They tend to like being close to lakes and forests, sometimes rocky areas too." She says.

<< "Alright. Should be easy enough. Can I fly on ahead? I mean you could fly with me so I don't see why you're walking. It wastes time." >>

"Well that's because I want to spend more time with you. Am I not allowed to do that?" Alice sulks and looks away from me with teary eyes.

<< "I know you're faking so don't try that with me." >> I huff. << "It's fine if you want to spend more time with me I guess." >>

Alice quickly looks at me and snatches me out of the air, pulling me to her and hugs me tightly. "Yay!"

I hiss at her and breathe fire over her body. She burns to ash and I continue flying. I feel her presence behind me.

"Alright then. No hugs unless you're the one to initiate, got it. I'm sad that you allowed your 'Mother' to hug you but not yourself from another life." She chuckles after letting out an exasperated sigh.

<< "That's because she is my Mother." >> I reply in matter of fact kind of tone through our mental link.

"You really like your Mother then huh?" She says and I nod. "What's she like?"

<< "She's nice to me and my brothers. I enjoy her warmth. She's really pretty too. Well I'd say she is. It's clear to see that when you look at the others around her since she stands out." >>

"What's her appearance like? Just a simple description, not too much."

<< "She has white hair and pretty lilac eyes. She-" >>

"So she's a Targaryen. I can't say I'm surprised then."

<< "I think I recall Mother being called a Targaryen. Daenerys Stormborn of house Targaryen. Mother has a pretty name." >>

"Pretty indeed." Alice nods, "I must've died before she was born though, I don't recall hearing that name while I was alive." She sighs.

<< "How did you die?" >>

"You can't go around asking that to the dead, little dragon." She chuckles, "Well that's alright, I died after being stabbed through the heart with a sword trying to protect those I held dear to me. Turns out I was betrayed."

<< "Oh. I'm sorry to hear that." >> I say, not particularly sure on what I'm supposed to say to that. << "What was your original form?" >>

"I was human. I was lucky enough to have these abilities so I'd constantly shapeshift since it was my favourite ability out of them all. You're probably wondering why we looked similar. I wanted crow wings since I found them pretty and after seeing multiple picture books of dragons when I was younger I decided to have the tail and horns of a dragon too."

<< "I like crows too." >> I say as I switch my form to one of a crow. I fly to Alice and land on her shoulder. Thankfully my crow form has feathers and my wings are strong enough to allow me flight. Alice begins to hum to a tune I don't know of.

We reach a lake with a forest going around it, I take flight and move closer to the body of water, peering down at the ripples and looking at my reflection. I hear a high pitched squawk and the sound of wings cutting through the air. I look up and see an eagle swooping down to the water.