Chapter 1

Maya:
Hi I'm maya and I'm 16 years old and I'm a rebel. everyone thinks I'm from New York City. where I live in a old beaten down apartment. my mom works all the time where we can live here. well for my dad,me and mom left him to move to New York. I'm really from Texas. I not sad that I come from there it just we had to get away from Texas my dad used to abuse me and my mom. so we left him. No one needs to know I'm from there. If they do, they will allow my dad to find us and that is bad.
So for friends I have Riley, Lucas aka he has a lot of nicknames I give him and he's from Texas and farkle. Riley is my best friend, Lucas he is my friend, and farkle he's in love with me an Riley. I have a boyfriend josh, he Riley's uncle and he's 18. So right now I on my way to class. I walk in and sit in my spot in mr.mathews history class, also he Riley's dad.
"Welcome students we are starting a project u will have a partner and I get to pick them this project u have to get to know ur partner and right a story, song, drawing or whatever about them."
"ugh "
I zone out until I hear my name.
"Maya ur with.........lucas"
I turn around to him and he is smiling.
"Cowboy"
"City girl I gusse we are working together"
"Yup so ur house after school"
"Yeah sure"
I turn back around and zone out for the rest of class. the bell rung so end of school for the rest they still have two periods. For me I'm skipping the rest. I say bye to Riley and went out the school doors without being caught. I pull out my phone to see what josh is doing.
Me-what u doing right now
Josh😍😘-I'm doing homework u?
Me-I'm skipping the rest of the day want to hang out for a little
Josh😍😘-sure baby doll
Me-meet me at the park
Josh😍😘-okay babe
I walk to the park and sat down on a bench and waited for him. after five minutes someone sat next to me.
"Hey beautiful"
"Hey babe"
"What do u want to do"
"Well frist I want to go to Starbucks and then maybe we can stop by my house and I can get a swim suit and then go to the beach or to the movies"
"Okay so first Starbu-"
"Wait I have to go to Lucas house after school"
"Why u going there"
"Cory put us has partners on a project"
"Oh okay well let's go to Starbucks then a movie and I will take u to Lucas house when we are done and maybe this weekend we go to the beach as a date"
"Okay I like that so off we go"

(After their movie and Starbucks)

We were having fun and laughing. then I get a text. I pulled my phone out and see it was from Lucas.
Huckleberry😝-where are u
Me- Im with josh, he is walking me to your place I will be there soon
Huckleberry😝- okay
"Let me gusse that was Lucas asking where u are"
"Yeah I gusse it time to start going"
"Yeah let's go"
He loaded mad that I was going.
"Hey it okay we just working on a project"
"I know I just don't like that cowboy"
"I know here how about u pick me up when we are done and I will tell you what happen"
"Okay"
We got in his car and made small talk on the way. We got to Lucas I kiss josh and told him I would call him when done. Then knocked on the door.