4. A Chance

It was now later in the day. The sun had set and you stood in the park, and it was about time for the two of you to part ways, and yet you desperately wanted this day to never end.

Yoonbum stood with you at the park, holding his small bouquet of flowers in his hand. He was quiet for a while before speaking.

"...I really had a nice time with you today, Y/N..." He said softly, a content expression on his face.

"...Thank you again for going out of your way to help me... and to buy me those flowers..." He looked down at the bouquet.

"...I like you..." He blurted out suddenly.

I was taken aback by the sudden phrase. I wasn't sure how to feel. He was a very nice person, so I was glad he liked me, but... was that all he meant by that?

Yoonbum looked up from the bouquet and at you, he was blushing slightly. He didn't see anything wrong with what he had just said, as he didn't know what you thought about the sentence.

"...Is something wrong?" He asked softly. He looked up at you with big, curious eyes.

Yoonbum noticed the change on your face when you had been talking, you seemed confused and a little nervous. He had said that he liked you, and you had no idea what he meant. He had to tell you.

"...I... like you. As in, romantically...?" He mumbled.

"H-Huh? me?! I mean...I really am not all that great!" I slowly stutter my words out, not sure what to say. He was kind, and sweet, and quite attractive and cute, but I was still so unsure.

Yoonbum's cheeks started to turn pink as he watched you get nervous and stutter slightly. He took a step towards you and spoke to you again.

"...Hey, Y/N... it's okay... I don't need an answer right now... I just... wanted you to know how I feel about you." He said, looking back up at you from looking at the ground with bright eyes and a faint smile.

"I will... have to think about this! I mean we only just met!" I franticly try to explain.

Yoonbum started to panic a bit when you said you were going to think about it. His cheeks flushed a deep pink and he didn't know what to say. He didn't want you to think of him badly. He didn't want you to be mad that he liked you.

"...Sorry... I... should've kept my mouth shut..." He looked down at the flowers again as he spoke.

"N-No! I'm not angry... I just need time! Why don't we get to know each other better first... and then I may consider it..."

Yoonbum looked up at you once again with a nervous expression on his face. He felt a bit happier when you said you wanted to know him better rather than flat out saying no. His cheeks flushed a red color when you said 'consider it.' He decided to speak again.

"...Okay, but... what about... just a date?" He mumbled.

He looked up at you once again with a nervous expression on his face. He felt a bit happier when you said you wanted to know him better rather than flat out saying no. His cheeks flushed a red color when you said 'consider it.' He decided to speak again.

"...Okay, but... what about... just a date?" He mumbled.

He was filled with joy upon hearing your answer. He nodded his head and quickly searched for his phone in his pockets.

"....Here." He handed you his phone with the contacts app opened. The number for his phone was already on the screen.

"...Feel free to save my number in your phone..." He said, sounding a little nervous.

And so we did, and we both parted ways.