Chapter 3 - Degrade

The rest of the week leading up to her date with Micheal had been a nightmare, she had avoided Beck and Jade all together.

She refused to get between them, and she felt like Jade had been mad at her personally.

So taking a step back from the couple, even if it was the last thing she wanted to do, was the right choice.

That following Saturday Presley had opted for a white dress, while normally for date she would've shown more skin, but she found that she didn't want Micheal to think she was interested in him.

And Micheal had surprisingly been somewhat sweet but Presley was still uncomfortable in his presence. He bought her food, held the door open for her, then that evening when her mom arrived to pick her up, he introduced himself to her mother.

And by the time Monday rolled around all Presley wanted was the comfort of her friends. So making sure she was up in enough time to meet Jade and Beck at her locker in the morning like they normally did.

This time with their preferred coffee orders in her hand she greeted them with a sad smile. "I'm sorry." She muttered to Jade "I didn't mean to make you think I like Beck, so I'm sorry if i did."

Jade's demeanor softened considerably, "I wasn't angry at you." Jade spoke taking the coffee the pink haired girl offered her. "Please tell us you didn't agree to go out with him because you thought I was mad at you and your relationship with Beck."

Presley hunched into herself, because that's exactly what had happened. "Princess." Jade muttered pulling Presley against the locker beside her. "You are one of the only girls I have ever met that hasn't tried to steal my boyfriend upon first glance. Not that I would blame you are be angry at you if you tried."

At that sentence Presley furrowed her eyebrows but didn't comment. "If it helps I didn't enjoy my date at all." She spoke leaning her head on Jade's shoulder while Beck stood before them, a content smile on his face as he eyed the two girls before him and how they acted toward each other.

"It helps a lot." Beck spoke reached forward to push the hair from out of Presleys face before leaning down and placing a light kiss on her forward, then he swiftly leaned over to kiss Jade on the lips.

-

The rest of the day classes went on without any problems, Presley had once again reclaimed her seat beside Beck in their Debate class, much to Micheal's disappointment.

And when the end of the day rolled around Presley was invited to Nozu with Beck and Jade.

On her way to her locker to gather her homework and fix her makeup before heading outside to Beck's new car. She found Micheal leaning beside her locker. Surprisingly Beck and Jade were waiting for her, she had thought they had agreed to meet outside but didn't comment on the slight change of plans.

Both Jade and Beck were glaring harshly at Micheal. "I'm sure the bitch will tire of you eventually Oliver." The pink haired girls eyes widened in surprise. It wasn't often people referred to her as a bitch, hell the only person who ever had ever called her one, had been her ex boyfriend, he didn't last long after he had called her that either.

Her mom had taught her to respect herself, and allowing people to degrade her like that was never okay.

She walked up to them quickly, a glare on her face. She got in the way of Beck, who seemed to be itching to punch Micheal, if his clenched fist were anything to go by.

"Something that you want to say to my face?" She questioned, her back now to Beck's chest. She could feel the taller boy's breath on her shoulder due to the close proximity. "Figured we might've still had a chance, but guess Oliver has a way of getting every freak that comes through Hollywood Arts."

Presley didn't feel like correcting him, they could think what they wanted about her and Becks relationship. As long as Jade and their friends knew the truth it was nobody else's business.

"Freak?" She scoffed at the insinuation that she was a slut "Honey, unfortunately for you, you wouldn't have been able to handle me. I'm anything but vanilla."

She watched as the boys faced turned red, it was that moment Presley decided to punch him.

And god did it hurt.

And when he made a move at grabbing at her Beck was there pushing her behind himself, and behind Beck was Andre (when he had showed up Presley had no idea) but clearly the two against one ratio had been enough to send Micheal packing.

"Ow." She muttered as Jade pulled her body around to face her. Jade assessed the hand Presley used to punch Micheal. "That was hot." Andre spoke breaking the silence and making the group laugh. "Thanks." Presley giggled. Clenching and unclenching her fist to see if she broke any knuckles.

She hadn't surprisingly.