California Gurls

After a while of using his blue, healing fire and a serious amount of his bandage supplies, Marco sat back and wiped a bit of sweat from his forehead. This dude was massive, him being knocked out was one thing, but the wings didn't made a thing easier. They always got in the way and the procedure took twice the time it normally would. But now the hard part was over and he could take a break.

"Well," he said, "Now we just have to wait till he wakes up. Until then we just have to be careful with the matches."

Katakuri was irritated. "What is up with you and the matches?"

"We forgot." Benn explained. "I only have like 3 of them left and the bird forgot to bring some in the first place."

Charlotte reached into his pocket and pulled out a lighter, which was huge but looking normal in his hands. "Here." He threw it to Benn. "Make a fire. It is getting late, we should eat something."

"...You have no idea how much I love you right now." Marco looked admiring at the tall man. Katakuri was only more irritated by the mans reaction.

"Do you smoke or something?" the question came slightly out of context from the long haired gun user.

"No..? Why would you ask?" Katakuri answered. Poor guy was getting way too uncomfortable right now.

"Then why would you have a refillable lighter? Most people just bring matches during a camping trip, so that means that you use the lighter quite frequently." Benn analysed.

"...I need it to heat up my lash curler..." Charlotte muttered quietly, the sound was muffed more with his scarf.

Marco raised his eyebrows while Benn was dying from wheezing behind the now alit campfire. "Damn, explains while your lashes always looks so good."

"Phoenix, tune down your gay side a bit will ya?" Benn managed to press out between his laughter. The man probably didn't had a good laugh for a while.

"Shut up Beckmann, not even 50 and your hair is already grey as ash. You should invest in some hair care too." Marco answered annoyed.

"Weren't you the one a couple of hours ago lusting after some leather clad a-" Marco managed to get over to the other side and slap a hand over Benn's mouth while pressing him on the ground in a speed so fast, that even Katakuris observation haki couldn't keep up.

"NOT. A. WORD." He said dangerously calm with an aura full of killing intent coming from him. Never since Benn knew the phoenix had he seen the other man so serious. Not even in a fire battle. The blonde was always laid back and somewhat calm. But now he doubted about what the man was really capable of. He was getting that much serious over a little thing like that?

"Calm down phoenix." Benn said after he peeled the hand of the blonde off of him. "Can't even take a joke..."

Katakuri, who watched the whole scene from his place, decided to not sleep this night. Instead he grabbed a bag of his food rations, stood up and headed into the forest.

"Where do you think are you going?" His actions didn't went unnoticed by the other commanders.

"I am not fond of eating with other people." He answered without turning back.

"I don't care what you prefer or not, as long as we don't trust you, you will not go outside of our sight!" Benn tried to hold him off verbally.

Katakuri, now pissed off, just flipped the other man off and continued his way. He could only hear a laugh, probably from the Phoenix, until he was out of the hearing range. When he left a good amount of distance between him and the camp, he used his devil fruit powers to build a shrine like building. Even if the island was unpopulated, there was a chance that the other men decided to follow him and he could not risk of his secret getting revealed. Taking them down would be a pain and probably nearly impossible for him.