the cabin

will's Pov

They don't know where we are going as the car drives us out of the city. I wanted to take them on an adventure and get out of the city so we could all bond somewhere else. That's why I'm taking them to my family's cabin in the Windham mountain area close to the resort there, so we have access to the ski part of the resort.

It's a cabin that's been in my family for generations, and I've always loved going there during all the seasons because there is always something to do. It's also only two hours away once you're out of the worst traffic in Manhattan, so that's a plus. It's far enough that you're out of the city, but it's close enough that you can travel there frequently. I usually use the drive to work so I don't need to open my computer much while I'm there.

This weekend work is off-limits, we are just going to have fun as a family. I don't know if they have skied much, but they will get to do it now. There are also bunny slopes and instructors for Lilly that I've already booked.

All our staff has been left behind in New York, and I've had someone pick up groceries for our stay, but we don't have a cook there to cook for us. It's just going to be the three of us while security hangs back mostly out of sight but helps keep us safe.

"Where are we going willy? Is it far?" Lilly asks as she looks up from her tablet. "It's about two hours out of the city, and where we are going is a secret. It's a special place though that I love a lot."

"I love the place mommy takes us to that's far away on a plane. I've been to loads of places. But hot and cold" she grins at me. I know they have traveled a lot, the Maldives is a bit hit with Juliet I've learned. She also likes the Bahamas, Fiji, and Bora Bora. She likes the hot vacation spots, but I think her family also has a mountain cabin somewhere, or a lake cabin, I'm not totally sure. I just know that Juliet mentioned a cabin once.

She is silently working on her computer across from me with her earbuds in her ears. We are currently in the final stages of a deal to open a new four-season resort in both Japan and Fiji, so I'm pretty sure she is working on one of those projects. It's always fun working on a new destination for our guests and expanding our company. Now that the Hiltons have joined the Fitzgerald enterprises there are also companies under the umbrella that are not hotels. The Fitzgeralds also owns Barnes and Noble, a publishing firm for literature, a sports team, and a publishing house for movies. It's fun to have new things to learn about that's not just the hotel business.

。゚•┈——୨♡୧——┈• 。゚

We arrive at the cabin after a two-hour drive. Lilly has been enthusiastically looking out the window for the last half hour as we have started to see snow. It's not December yet, we are late in November, but there is already snow here. That's the perk of being so high up in the mountains.

"Come on girls, let me show you around," I say while leading them into the house while security is unloading our luggage. It's a luxury cabin updated by Swaback partners a few years back after being in our family for a few decades. Now it's all up to the modern standard while it still has the cabin feel we were looking for. It's a two-story cabin with richly stained cedar cladding, Corten steel panels, roofing, and extensive stonework.

We walk in and see the open floor plan and I show them around. There is floor to ceiling glass walls along the living and dining area and it has five bedrooms divided on the two floors. "I love this cabin, especially after it was totally renovated a few years back," I say as we head into the master bedroom. It is floor to ceiling windows here too overlooking the forest, a fireplace, and oak flooring. Everything of the decor and colors were chosen to perfection by an interior designer and my mother.