[Manslaughter]

Same nightmare as before. Being cuffed and chained pitifully with only the moon particles adorned its presence with a bright full moon, Dan Feng, a reversed High Elder of Vidhyadhara, now, an unlucky change in fate- chained by his people and trapped by the past. He was helpless.

Voices venomed his ears filled with disgust and unsympathetic tone, only to deepened his helplessness he felt in his heart as if about to shatter into million pieces due to the weight of his accumulating grief and loss during his entire life.

But a pair of e/c eyes stood against the hungry beasts, which Dan Feng instantly glanced over at those mysterious eyes that flooded with such pity and sadness yet warm like a fire in the winter.

"Wait!" He called out, his voice became poignant with each breath.

However, the mysterious figure spared no second as its dark cloak flicked around into the darkness, leaving behind heavy clanks of boots. Dan Feng, whom, was long deprived of such unconditional warmth, reached out for the warmth like a moth. Unfortunately, the chains reminded him of how indecisive and selfish he was and that he doesn't deserve sympathy.

"..Thank you."

The hooded woman halted, her expression grew grim. Her lips trembled, "Why are you thanking me?"

"Because.. because you showed me something that I longed for," he replied with a stirring tone, "Something that's worth my existence."

"Foolish boy.."

He continued. "Even if I were to die today, seeing you worry about this vulnerable one brought a smile on my face. That's more than enough for this vulnerable one."

"...You could ask for a hug, silly. It's harmless to ask for a shoulder sometimes, right?" Y/n turned back and facing him with a faint smile resting upon her distressful visages. Her eyes perked up slightly as tears began to form around her eye rims.

Dan Feng nodded painfully. But soon enough, his vision slowly clouded with dark spots as he gradually began to feel lightweigh.The sizzling pain panned his head and with an blurry focus of the distraught hooded woman, his eyes closed heavily. His nightmare was coming to an end. The same old nightmare.

He was so sick of it! Was this an eternal punishment from the Heavens above for his sins? Just to be toyed with his emotions? Ruthless as it might be, but was it that shameful of him to even be granted a hug from 'her'?

That's impossible! He was the successor of the High Elder of the Vidhyadhara! He was like a dragon in the soaring sky and a tiger on the battlefield. He mustn't be treated unjustly and indifferent. Yet he felt useless despite his past victorious merits. Just what happened to him? How can he be so powerless in front of the many familiar faces of his?

That would truly be a puzzle not for him but for the rest of Luofu.

And so would be her, Y/n.

His world, his everything.

Little did he knew, Y/n was waiting for him on the other side. Caressing through his dark hair gently, she mumbled the words she dearly waited for the right time:

"Let the moon bear witness on this bloodless murder, and will forgive this foolish woman for her sinful deed. Shall he bathed in moonlit stars, will she be bathed in blood-

-Forgive me, Dan Feng."

"And good night."

That marked the death of the High Elder of Vidhyadhara, poisoned by his dearest one, none other than Y/n herself.

[End of ]