8 || Figures of Loved Ones

"What...?" Jisung's hand shook, standing outside of his classroom.

His knees felt like they'd give in any second. His head shook side to side slowly as his mouth fell open.
Shock was all he could feel, like there wasn't enough time for everything to settle in yet, the fact that his only sibling was gone.

His older brother helped raise him, accepted him for who he was, and was the rock in Jisung's life that he needed.

Sure, he didn't see him much since he went to college or talk about him, but he called him often and loved him more than anyone else.

But now that he's gone, Jisung doesn't have that person now.

Jisung always thought that he didn't need friends, only music as long as his brother was around.

Of course he met Seungmin and Minho, but he didn't know them like his brother. They don't know Jisung like his brother did.

All this lost to a fucking car crash.

He hung up the phone and ran back into his and Seungmin's class, quickly grabbing his bag and making his leave.

Seungmin tried to say something, but Jisung ran out of the room to fast for him to get a word out.

Jisung waited for the classroom door to close behind him before leaning back against the wall beside the door.

His breathing grew heavier, eventually turning into hyperventilating as tears quickly streamed down his cheeks and dripped off his chin, trying to lock his knees so he wouldn't fall.

"Sung?" A quiet voice was heard, slowly approaching the crying boy who was frantically wiping his tears repetitively.

Jisung slowly lifted his head, it was Minho, stood a few feet away from him, his hands awkwardly held out in front of him.

The second Minho saw Jisung's face, his eyes widened with worry.

"What happened?!" Minho said, his voice a little louder than before as he gently placed both of his hands on Jisung's cheeks, helping wipe away his tears away with his thumbs.

"M-my brother..." Jisung choked out, still shaking and hyperventilating. To him, half of his heart was gone.

Minho looked into Jisung's crying eyes for a moment unsure how to handle the situation, but he wanted to be there for Jisung.

Jisung trembled as he threw himself onto Minho, wrapping his arms around Minho's neck and crying into shoulder,

Minho quickly hugged him back, he made his assumption about what had happened to Jisung's brother and decided to just let him cry.

He could tell Jisung's legs were shaky and weak. Minho slowly brought Jisung onto the ground, sitting down against the wall with Jisung still in his arms.

Jisung's arms slid down to Minho's waist, gripping around it tightly as he curled up and cried into his stomach.
His warmth was all Jisung needed right now, in this moment it felt like the only thing he had.

Minho put his hands through Jisung's hair, not saying a word.

He wasn't sure what to say, if anything he was just happy that Jisung was this comfortable with him, that he didn't just see Minho as some guy he makes out with sometimes.

Minho didn't know why he wanted Jisung's approval and attention so badly, maybe he really did like Jisung.
That's something to worry about another day though.

Jisung slowed his breathing a little, coming back to his senses a bit when he started developing a headache from the stress and crying.

He was crying a little less, but he still shook and whimpered a little.