Chapter 17

The next day passed through swiftly as it was now almost time for round 2 to begin.

With brand new kitchen sets arranged beautifully for the contestants to use.

And the cameras hung up high at every angle.

While the audience is all perched up their seats, full of anticipation where the host will now commence the show to start its next thrilling episode.

"Welcome back teams. Congratulations on all of you, for making it so far. As we now begin round 2 using ingredients of imitation crab, mozzarella, rice, soy sauce, and seaweed. Everything that you need will be in that pantry of food that will be catered to this area along with a stove and numerous utensils that will be provided for you. Good luck chefs and may the best one win." The host announced to the crowd of audience, who roared in applause.

Branng!

The sound of the time rang out for the two hour dishes officially begins.

As the three teams jump right into the ingredients and fire up the grills, wasting no time to perfect their meals.

"So chefs what are you about to make for us today?" The host asked anonymously to all contestants as a treat to the audience who, praise in excitement for their favorite team like many hometowns in a football game.

"Ha! Nothing can beat Seafood Doria with a finesse of homemade roasted seafood chips and soy sauce." Squilliam said, folding his arms in full confidence.

"Well that sounds very delicious. I hope it tastes as good as it looks." The host complimented while walking over to Fancy's! for their side of the show.

Meanwhile, Squillaim glances over at his 'competition' to see how much they're struggling, with his smug looking arrogant as ever.

That is, until he took a second look over at the two and noticed something completely different.

Something that he should have suspected, a long time ago.

"Squidward, how do you want me to roll up the meat? Should we use the seaweed as the wrap or dumpling bread?" SpongeBob asked curiously while studying their food around to see if any changes needed to be made.

"Actually, I'm going to leave that up to you." Squidward said with a smile on his face.

"Really? Are you sure? This is your idea." SpongeBob asked, confused.

"It doesn't matter. We're a team and I trust that you'll make something really good out of it." Squidward said with a wink while SpongeBob slowly smiled brightly, like a ray of sunshine, with the freckles on his cheeks painted in a light streak of blush.

"Okay!" SpongeBob beamed up in full excitement and immediately prepped for the meat to be taken to the oven while Squidward stared at him with a warm expression on his face.

Heh.

Thanks a lot.

Now I can't get your smile off of my mind.

Squidward thought with small hints of blush on his cheeks.

As Squilliam looks on in a fit of rage, twitching his eyes annoyed.

He then quickly tries to think of a way to bring them down.

Believing that a simple insult would offend him, like it always has.

Not realizing the trick was so old, that it completely backfired on him like an idiot.

"Hey Squidward, are ready to get your tentacle kicked? Because last I heard, yours is turning into calamari." Squilliam tried to roast so loud, that even the cameraman was filming his side view angle of the stage in order to capture whatever drama was about to hit live.