6 ゜headaches

The next morning, Hyewon woke up feeling a great amount of warmth

The next morning, Hyewon woke up feeling a great amount of warmth. It was the first day of spring, and the sun was beaming through the curtains.

Shortly after receiving them yesterday, Gyuvin and Hyewon had devoured their pancakes, which were in fact the greatest pancakes the girl ever had. They ended up leaving right after that and Hyewon made sure to return his jacket before they parted ways. He offered to walk her home, but Hyewon refused to make him go out of his way like that.

A part of her wishes she hadn't turned him down.

When Hyewon arrived at school that day, she wasn't feeling the best. She'd had a headache ever since last night after she got back home. The reason for that would be her parents, but she wanted to keep her thoughts as far away from that topic as possible.

She headed to her locker first thing, dodging other students in her path. Hyewon waited for her friends like usual, but neither of them showed up. She found this odd, since they'd usually always meet there, but she shrugged it off. The girl knew that they'd probably just meet at the cafe today, if not then she'd text them.

Before she could close her locker, she was startled by a looming presence next to her.

"Good morning, Hyewon!" It was Gyuvin, giving her one of his signature puppy-like smiles.

After recovering from her initial shock, she smiled back. "Good morning."

"How's your morning, so far?" He asks, peeking into her locker, since she'd left it wide open. He takes note of the polaroid with her friends, and the cute notes that they'd written her hanging up.

"It's alright." She shrugs, still feeling a lingering pain in her head. "How about you?"

"Mines going good!" The boy pauses, reaching up to rub the back of his neck nervously. All while avoiding eye contact with the girl in front of him. "Also, I was wondering if you wanted to walk to homeroom together?" He asks.

Hyewon only blinks in response, she was certainly not expecting him to ask such a thing.

"If not then that's totally fine! It's just that, well I'm here already and we both have the same class, so I just thought—" Gyuvin rambles on, stumbling over his own words.

The girl shakes her head, feeling bad. "No it's okay! I'd love to!" She blurts.

You'd love to?! Seriously?! She mentally facepalms, wishing to be anywhere but here in the current moment.