One year later...

-Answer the phone, Ceylin, answer the phone, güzelim... - Ilgaz said monotonously, and he was walking up and down in the room. He didn't really believe she would pick up the phone, but he was dying to hear her voice. His heart was pounding, and his chest was moving fast, but the moment he was about to give up, he heard Ceylin's voice. 

-Ceylin Erguvan, who is this? - she asked, and she broke Ilgaz's heart into pieces with only one question. - Hello?

-It happened only one year ago. You deleted my number, really? Is that so, Ceylin? - he was trying to stop his tears, but his voice was shaking anyways.

-Ilgaz? - Ilgaz heard that Ceylin was gasping for air, as she realized his voice. -What do you want, Ilgaz?

-I wanted to ask how you feel - Ilgaz put his pain away because it was still better to be hurt by his loved one than to be without her. 

-I'm all good - Ilgaz knew she was lying. She had been doing it all the time. She hid her pain instead of facing it, it was easier for her for a short time, but in the long term... it suffocated her.

-Ceylin, to the love of God, we lost our child on this day one year ago! I can hear that you are near the sea, where she disappeared, why do you have to always lie to me, when I want the best for you? 

-Did you call me after half a year, just to yell at me? Thank you, Sayin Savcim, but I didn't sign up for this - Ceylin was getting angrier, and Ilgaz almost could see that she was scratching her neck, as always, when she was nervous.

-Would you answer my question, Ceylin? - Ilgaz stepped to his window and looked into the dark night, which was as dark as his life without Ceylin and Mercan.

-Because if I enter that sea, I will drown in it! - she shouted. -I run as always, I escape, I'm trying to survive, and I'm sorry if that doesn't suit you, Ilgaz, but that's me. I may destroy everything, and everybody, you can judge me if you want, but I warned you: my darkness will swallow your light. When I wanted us to separate, it was for a reason. We can't live together, we are so different that we can't stop hurting each other. You remember that day as the death of... - Ceylin couldn't finish her sentence, her tears were coming down to her throat. - And I remember that day as the disappearance of her, and I will find her. And if it has to be without you, it'll be without you. Please, don't call me again. Let's not hurt each other, anymore. Elveda, Ilgaz.