ELEVEN

Logan

"Are you coming with us?"

With my head still buried under the pillow, I reach for the one next to me, throwing it at the door.

Riley laughs from behind her. "I'm going to take that as a no."

The only sound that comes from me is a grumble, one that couldn't even be classified as actual words.

"We're going to go to breakfast." Lauren laughs. "I'll bring you back something!"

Holding my middle finger in the air, the sound of the door shutting makes me bury my head as far under the pillows as I can.

I've never been an early riser.

Ever.

Honestly, it was a fucking miracle I could get up with my alarm and get dressed every morning.

Turning my phone over, the time stares back at me and I can't help but wonder who the fuck goes out to get breakfast at eight in the morning.

What ever happened to brunch?

Last night we had so much fun playing trivia and when someone said John Hancock wrote the Declaration of Independence, I swear I almost lost it.

I'm not sure that I remember the last time I laughed that hard.

Not to mention being next to Harry.

When I walked into that bar, my eyes didn't even have to see him to know that he was there. Fire raced through my body just feeling his stare from across the room.

Finding Harry in the middle of a crowded room was the equivalent to finding peace— to feeling a certain type of calm that can only be found in the midst of the most turbulent storms.

It was... I'd never felt like that before.

Never felt that with another person before.

Sitting next to him and feeling the weight of my thigh against his, not to mention the warmth from his palm through my jeans and melting into my skin was like the purest form of a drug.

Something that sent heat rushing to the deepest depth of my body.

I barely remember him bringing me upstairs, only that when I tried to object, the warmth of his words burrowed into my brain and took up the vacant space.

"Just let me hold you, yeah?"

Those words from his lips as they brushed against my ear made a shiver roll through my body as I curled into him.

From then on, I don't remember much.

How my shoes got off I don't know.

At some point in the middle of the night I remember shuffling into the bathroom, stripping out of my clothes and into the oversized Yale Law shirt that belonged to an old boyfriend.

It was comfy, sue my ass.

All those thoughts swim through my head as I drift back to sleep, curly brown hair and green eyes tsking over my dreams.

Just like they have for the last year.

Only now, I know what they feel like.

I know what he feels like.

_______

Nine thirty.

Stretching my arms above my head, I feel much more rested than I did just an hour and a half ago.