CHAPTER THREE

AUTHOR'S NOTE: I sort of lost motivation for this story for a bit. I was hoping to finish it by Halloween, but that's unlikely to happen. Once November 1st hits, I will be working exclusively on another project until I finish it, but I promise I'll come back to this one afterward. It will have a conclusion! I just need some time to get there.

CHAPTER THREE

DYLAN
He might like to claim not to have magic, but Dylan had science and logic, and those contained a sort of magic all their own. Surprisingly, he wasn't alone in his aversion to magic. Max seemed to share his sentiments.

"Allison, I love you, but we're risking an awful lot on a dream," Max said cautiously as everyone was preparing to make the trip to Halloweentown.

"It wasn't a dream, Max," Allison protested. "It was a vision. I'm sure of it."

"I know you're really into this spooky stuff, but you've never claimed to be psychic before."

"Actually, I sense Allison has a natural affinity for magic," Aggie replied, causing Allison to smile in excitement. "I believe the crystal she found triggered a latent gift."

"Are you saying my girlfriend's a witch?" Max demanded.

"Of course not." Aggie paused before adding, "She hasn't had any training. However, I do believe she's some sort of Seer, and if her gifts were nurtured, she'd make a wonderful witch."

"But a good witch, like you guys," Dani said firmly.

"That's right," Aggie confirmed.

"I've got everything ready," Marnie said.

"Maybe Mom should stay here with Sophie and Dani," Dylan said as he glanced at Emily. "These witches target little kids."

"He's right," Max said. "This is too dangerous for-"

"I'm coming," Dani said stubbornly, cutting him off. "This is my fight, too."

"Dani-"

"Max!"

"Gwen, I really need your help with this," Aggie said, interrupting the siblings, "but if you'd prefer to stay behind to keep Sophie safe, I understand."

"No, Grandma," Sophie said. "I'm supposed to be there. It's important."

Gwen sighed. "She's never been wrong before," she admitted. "Sophie, you are to stay where we can see you the entire time, alright?"

"Okay," Sophie agreed.

Dani beamed in excitement, knowing Max wouldn't fight her coming along now.

"Just don't run off, okay?" Max asked Dani.

"Yay!" Dani cried happily.

"Alright, here goes," Marnie said. She and Aggie worked together to open a portal big enough to transport everyone.

They stepped through one at a time, until everyone had made it. Dylan had a bad feeling as the portal closed. He automatically grabbed onto Sophie's hand. She squeezed it, clearly nervous but still braver than Dylan was feeling.

SPARROW
He watched everyone nervously. They were awake now, but no one had any idea how to escape from their captors. The older teenagers had all agreed to watch over the younger children, but they were no closer to escaping.

Sparrow sighed, praying Allison would keep her word and bring her friends to rescue them.

Georgie snuggled against Sparrow. "It'll be okay," she promised him. "We'll get out of this."