First Sponsor Selection

Kim Dokja lifted his arm and shielded his face when the timer hit zero point double zero. Just in time to cover his face from a sudden blood fountain as heads started exploding.

When he no longer felt blood showering him, he dropped his arm.

Ahh... one done, many to come.

But first,

"Anyone hurt?" He asked.

"Nope." Lee Hyunsung shook his head.

"We're okay." Replied Yoo Sangah-ssi. The children are okay as well. Not a scratch. Only bloodstained from when blood fountain happens. Even then, not much.

Joonghyuk-ah hummed and checked Kim Dokja of possible wounds. "Looks good here."

That's good to hear.

From the corner of his eyes, Kim Dokja can see Kim Namwoon wiping his store-bought knife on a corpse's shirt.

Also

How did Han Myungoh survive? He doesn't... look, Kim Dokja is trying to not let bias color his judgment, but he cannot see how his ex-superior-of-some-sorts survived the crazy desperate mob. He is not the athletic type of some sort.

"Ah," Yoo Sangah winced and whispered to him, "I think when he tumbled among the chaos, he accidentally landed on someone and smothered them to death?"

Well, think again desperation can bring the unexpected out of people. At the cost of sanity, of course.

Kim Dokja glanced at the screen that sent rapid messages one after another. One insect, one human. Each netted him 100 coins. Halved the first one because it's a non-resistant living being, and doubled the second. Adding the 300 coins from the scenario clearance reward and subtract 100. The end result should be 450 coins.

Joonghyuk-ah must have the most coins then. Who knows how many eggs are inside that sack?

He stumbled when the train suddenly lurched forward without warning, crashing onto Joonghyuk-ah, who steadied him.

Has he mentioned he loves his Fiancé? Well, he gonna say it again. And again, and again. Hundreds of times, Thousands. Millions. Billions of times, even.

The train stopped halfway past Dongho Bridge. When Kim Dokja wiped the window off the blood, he was greeted with a scene of giant Snake-like monsters eating a fighter jet that crashed onto the river sometime during Main Scenario 1.

If he wasn't wrong, that was ichthyosaur species, or Sea Serpent for easier pronounce, a 7th-Grade Monster in the Ways of Survival.

"It's coming!"

"Calm down." Kim Dokja told Han Myungoh. "If you are that scared, stand still and pretend to be a statue. If you agitated, you just draw its attention." The bespectacled man went still like a statue at once.

"How is Dokja-ssi so..." Yoo Sangah ask.

There are things he could say to answer the question but... they're quite dangerous to say. So,

"I've watched A Quiet Place." Is all he said instead. "Got issues for weeks, but worth it now that the world come to be like this."

[A handful of Constellations admires your scenario]

[500 coins have been sponsored]

Kim Dokja glanced at Joonghyuk-yah, who let out a soft growl. He didn't know what was wrong with his fiancé, he had been acting strange since Dokkaebi appeared, but one thing for sure: as Kim Dokja held his hand tightly, he reaffirmed his determination to stand by his side, to support and protect him.