WoHaLoD

North and South. He remembers those words spoken to him about life.
To continue living, to go back. Or. To stay and go with them.
He knew the choice he wanted to make even before he was told, he's thought about it ever since...

What's important is finally getting to see Geto after everything that’s happened.
Getting to be himself, to be free. To not have the weight of the world on his shoulders.

This is the happiest he's been in a long time, why wouldn't he want to stay?
He knew that he’d see the others later.
That maybe now is his time. He’s done what he can, and it’s up to the next generation to continue his work.

Now, here he is. In this.. dream.
A place between the world of the living. And the land of the dead, representing his younger days, when Geto was still with him.
When.. a big part of his friends where still with him.

An airport, ready to board.
He knows what will happen if he boards it. He won’t be able to go back.
He’ll officially be dead. Taken away from the land in-between life and death. To finally rest and relax. To finally be with Geto once again.

Gojo stands with Geto.
Yaga, Haibara and Nanami sitting down. Everyone is waiting for their boarding numbers to be called.
The loud sounds of.. laughter, music, talking and airplanes fill the building.
Everything around him is so lively. For the place that it is.
For the place he might be making up just for some closure as he dies.
“You know where this will be taking us, right?”

Geto suddenly speaks up, breaking the silence as he looks over at Gojo, who is standing next to him.
There isn’t any tension. Just comfort.
Bittersweet comfortness.

It’s not exactly an ‘us’ situation. But to Gojo Satoru, it is.
For him, it doesn’t feel like a dream. But the peace he’s always wanted.
To be with Geto, to be with him and smile again.

“Of course, that’s why I’m even getting on it in the first place.”

Gojo replied, also looking towards Geto.
The words of confidence and sarcasm leaving his mouth as easily as it had once before.
He already feels so much better being here.

“You didn’t think about it as hard as I thought you would have.
It’s as if you’ve been waiting for this moment, even if it means leaving them.”

Them.. it doesn’t need to be clarified who exactly he’s referring to.. Gojo knows exactly what he's talking about.

Geto has always been the voice of reason, hasn’t he.
Oh, how Gojo missed this.
The back and fourth.
He really did miss Geto, didn’t he. He missed everything.
Could this be his own mind telling him to turn back?

“Eh, i’m sure they’ll be fine. They’re strong, and with Yuuji on their side, I’m sure they’ll overcome the current problems.”

Gojo looks forward as well, watching a crew of attendants help get the plane ready for boarding… the feelings of adrenaline and want flowing through his veins.
But a cold, longing feeling pushed deep within his heart.

It’s things like this that make those who don’t understand his words, not understand who he is.

The fact that Gojo has put so much trust in his students and the next generation is truly admirable.
But in this situation.. is it really? Is it really worth it to leave them all? Is it worth it just to be happy, to leave everyone behind in the cruel world?
Thoughts of conflicting ideas flow around as Geto looks forward.

“If you want to leave, there’s nothing I can do to stop you.”

Geto stares out of a large window, the plane sitting there, just waiting to be boarded.
But, he doesn’t stop talking.