Chapter 52

-Moments before Muzan had completely disintegrated-

Muzan knew that this was the end for him. He remembered Kagaya's last words.

Muzan: It pains me to say this Ubuyashiki, but you were right... All living creatures will meet an end, without any exception. Feelings are eternal and indestructible. I do not remember a single person after I killed them. Once the flesh dies, it all ends. Feelings are inherited, and passed on, like a torch...

He moves his hand upwards.

Muzan: The truth was right in front of my eyes. My body was going to disintegrate any moment now. However... My feelings... towards the demon slayer corps, towards the demon slayers, towards HIM! They're eternal... and indestructible...!

He looks at Y/N, whose dead body had been covered by the flesh lump all over.

Muzan: I'll entrust... my feelings... my emotions... to this boy... Y/N... you were unlike any other human I've encountered... you preached about peace... and yet, just to bring me down... you lost your pacifism... you were willing to give up what made you, YOU, just so you could kill me... that in itself, shows just how strong your emotions can be...

He moves his hand towards Y/N.

Muzan: That determination... combined with my hate... and my disgust... you will rise and become a demon king... no...

A flash of Yoriichi comes to Muzan's mind.

Muzan: You're a descendant of Yoriichi Tsugikuni... you have the blood of the human that was able to bring me to my knees... all by himself... coursing through your veins as we speak... with his blood... combined with mine...! You...! Y/N L/N...! Will be stronger than Kokushibo...! Stronger than me...! Stronger than HIM!!!

He stabs his nails into Y/N's face.

Muzan: Normally, one is able to withstand getting a huge amount of my blood only if they are already a demon... but... with you... I'm sure of it...! You won't be just another me... you will be a deity amongst the demons! You, will be a DEMON GOD! I ENTRUST YOU TO EXTERMINATE ALL THAT YORIICHI AND UBUYASHIKI HAVE BUILT!

In the current time, one of the Kakushi looks at Y/N in shock, as black markings start to appear all over Y/N's face and body.

Kakushi: L/N... sama...?

Muzan: I entrust you to exterminate all the demon slayers that walk on this planet!

Y/N's wounds all heal up instantly, including the hole in his stomach, as he glares at the Kakushi sadistically

He swings his fist at the Kakushi, as the Kakushi is suddenly taken out of harm's way by Sanemi.

Sanemi: Y/N! The fuck are you doing?!

Y/N did not seem like the guy he used to be at all. This wasn't the peace loving, pacifist that Y/N was made out to be. This was the Demon God Y/N.