Getaway Car

I watched nervously as Noah paced the living room, it was morning now and our high of last night had worn off, leaving me a nervous wreck and Noah a pouty pissed off version of himself I don't like very much. It being early morning we were the only two in the house awake at the moment though I'm sure if Noah were to raise his voice again he'd wake someone eventually.

"Can't we just ignore it?" I asked quietly from my spot on the couch.

"That's what we've been doing; and look how far that's gotten us" Noah said exasperatedly as he continued to pace the floor.

"It's not like I'm in immediate danger or anything" I tried to brush the whole thing off but the feeling in the pit of my stomach said otherwise.

"I can't even believe you'd say that" Noah scolded me, "there's no telling what would happen to you if this guy gets any closer, Alex. Don't play dumb" his words were sharp although they did little to effect me. "I'm sorry" he offered a half ass apology as his back was to me mid step.

"I think you need to go back to bed, so you can wake up on the other side of it, maybe that'll fix your attitude" I muttered as I stood from the couch and headed for the stairs. I heard three heavy steps before and arm encircled my waist and pulled me against the wall that is Noah's chest. I yelped on contact as his other arm came around my front.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry," his voice was soft. "Alex, I'm just worried about you" he explained into my hair. "Please don't be mad at me" he pleaded before pressing a kiss into my hair and moving forward to press another to the side of my forehead.

"You have a funny way of showing it sometimes," I countered as I tried to turn in his grasp. "You should work on that" I placed my hands on his chest as I looked up at him.

"I'm trying" he said after a tired sigh. "I'm sorry" he said again. Sneaking my hand up to the back of his neck I pulled him down to press my lips to his.

"I just want to ignore it for one more day," I said, barely pulling back from the kiss. "Just one more day?" I asked pulling back further to look him in the eyes.

"One more day" he agreed.

7:05 and the boys hadn't made it home yet. I sat nervously on the kitchen counter awaiting their arrival. my heels hit the cabinet doors in an odd off rhythm as my legs swung limp and jittery under me. my hands held the edge of the counter in a white knuckled grip as I waited for the door to unlock. Suddenly the sharp sound of my phone vibrating against the counter cut through the silence that hung in the house. Picking it up quickly I saw that it was Noah.

Hey babe, we're running a little late. I promise to be home by 8

I felt the blood drain from my face as I read his text, I can't wait that long. I'm already on the verge of an anxiety attack. Hopping off the counter I made my way to the front door, stepping into the only pair of shoes I had by the door, I grabbed Noah's keys from the small table before pushing through the garage door and unlocking his car. He had told me many times recently that I was welcome in the studio, I was warned it would be boring for me and until now I never had a reason to pay them a visit. Nervously sliding into the slick leather seat of the car I took my time adjusting the seat properly to accomodate my short legs.

Drumming my hands against the steering wheel I watched the garage door roll up through the rearview mirror. Backing out of the garage, through the driveway and out into the streets I learned that it had started raining, leaving the street slick and shiny. Making sure the garage door closed behind me I headed off down the road towards the house they're recording in. Turning at a stop sign, a car with their brights on got behind me, following closely causing me to curse under my breath as I struggled to see with the brightness shining into the car now.